Best monitor for a 1080 ti?

richyman
Go to solution Solved by Daveeede,

It's a good monitor, although you can probably push 3440x1440 at > 100hz with the GTX 1080ti so there's that. But with G-sync you're looking at a pretty penny for a monitor. 

I think you'll be happy with your choice. 

So I had already decided on what monitor to buy (Acer Predator Z301C 29.5-inch Curved UltraWide FHD (2560 x 1080) NVIDIA G-Sync Monitor, 200Hz, 2x3w speakers, HDMI & DP) but Im having second thoughts and would like more opinions, especially regarding your thoughts on if ultrawide is worth it, gsync, what frequency is the best, etc.

I play fps and mobas, mostly PUBG and Rainbow Six Siege altho I go back to CSGO sometimes. 

I plan on overclocking my 1080 ti and the 15 8600k Ill pair with it.

This is my planned build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ if you were curious or have some tips and I went small cause I need to fit the pc into a carry on bag so I can't build ATX.

Thanks in advanced.

It's a good monitor, although you can probably push 3440x1440 at > 100hz with the GTX 1080ti so there's that. But with G-sync you're looking at a pretty penny for a monitor. 

I think you'll be happy with your choice. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Just now, TehhMiik said:

A 1080Ti would be wasted at that resolution. Heck, a 1080 even would.

The thing is Im kinda competitive in fps so I rather run my games 100+ fps in 100+hz than having it run 4k at 60 fps.

you used the wrong pcpartpicker link, you have to use the link on the top left-hand side of the page. the 1080ti would work amazingly on that monitor if you're going for super high refresh rate/fps. But you might also want to consider getting something higher resolution since that card is pretty over powered for 1080p. 

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(