Looking for iPod media export (quick)

Hatsjer
Go to solution Solved by d4fty,

Try out iFunbox. I’ve been using it for years now and it’s been great. 

http://www.i-funbox.com/

I've had my iPod 2nd gen for soon a decade now, and I fear it's time is near. - I have added many media files over the years which I would love to get back from it. The problem is I cannot install iTunes, and can only access my archive album. Nothing else.

I have found a few software to retrieve my media files from my iPod, but they either doesn't work, or has a price tag with a ridicules trial limit. 

Can anybody please help me find a free software to retrieve my pictures (over 2'000) music (600 ish?) and videos (Not important)? I would be ever so absolutely grateful. 

As I was ready to submit this topic, did it occur to me: Why not just try to see why I cannot install iTunes? hehe.

20 minutes ago, Hatsjer said:

I've had my iPod 2nd gen for soon a decade now, and I fear it's time is near. - I have added many media files over the years which I would love to get back from it. The problem is I cannot install iTunes, and can only access my archive album. Nothing else.

I have found a few software to retrieve my media files from my iPod, but they either doesn't work, or has a price tag with a ridicules trial limit. 

Can anybody please help me find a free software to retrieve my pictures (over 2'000) music (600 ish?) and videos (Not important)? I would be ever so absolutely grateful. 

As I was ready to submit this topic, did it occur to me: Why not just try to see why I cannot install iTunes? hehe.

I have been using Xilisoft for my iPhone, iPad and iPod for years.  Check it out and see if that is what you are looking for.  The iPhone version works for phone, pad and pod.

http://www.xilisoft.com/iphone-magic.html

On a Windows PC, connect it to your PC, open it as a drive, and show hidden folders.

Pictures may be in a hidden folder, or a DCIM folder if you captured it on the device (for iPod touch/nanos with cameras).

Music will be in a hidden folder, but with names being removed (every file name will be four letters). Metadata will be intact though, so names are there.

Just now, DOGC_Kyle said:

On a Windows PC, connect it to your PC, open it as a drive, and show hidden folders.

Pictures may be in a hidden folder, or a DCIM folder if you captured it on the device (for iPod touch/nanos with cameras).

Music will be in a hidden folder, but with names being removed (every file name will be four letters). Metadata will be intact though, so names are there.

I have gone through my folders options that Win 10 provides. None other than the DCIM are appearing. 

12 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I have been using Xilisoft for my iPhone, iPad and iPod for years.  Check it out and see if that is what you are looking for.  The iPhone version works for phone, pad and pod.

http://www.xilisoft.com/iphone-magic.html

It just crashes as I open the software...

Here's how it's showing for me:

image.png.cf3bd1d0c79bee95af58a3eaf2c0a27a.png

You can see the path is E:\iPod_Control\Music\F00

iPod_Control and Music are hidden folders. There are also F01 and F02 folders, not sure why but everything is there.

This is from an iPod Shuffle, but it should be the same on all iPods (I've done this on this shuffle, a mini, a 2nd gen nano, and all the first colour-screen iPods). They might have changed it on the Touch (if that's what you have), but I'd imagine it'd be a similar hidden folder. I'd check but I don't have mine anymore. 

16 hours ago, Daftendirekt2 said:

Try out iFunbox. I’ve been using it for years now and it’s been great. 

http://www.i-funbox.com/

It works! Finally! Thank you so very much! 

10 minutes ago, Hatsjer said:

It works! Finally! Thank you so very much! 

I’m glad to have helped ^^

Give me the rice