2133p memory

Go to solution Solved by gbergeron,
Just now, lior1111 said:

i see man.. ill check the link and see if i should buy new sticks.. thanks!

no worries, BTW, this looks like DDR4  , you can just google your board model and see for ram compatibility

or create new post here and link ur mobo model and the ram model and ask people for help

im at work right now can't help much more GL

Hello , Im a guy who builds pc's alot but i never encountered this type of memory : it says 2133p on the stick itself 

i attached a picture. 
i was wondering if it works with every kind of mobo that supports 2133mhz ? 
I ask this because i want to buy this kind of mobo - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250M-PRO-VD.html 
And i have those sticks lying around , was wondering if i can use them for this new pc im building. 
Thank you.

photo_2017-11-09_20-57-32.jpg

I assume it's just 2133Mhz

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

It's the resolution

With that type of RAM, you can play games in 2133P

Which is almost 4K

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

2 hours ago, gbergeron said:

It's the resolution

With that type of RAM, you can play games in 2133P

Which is almost 4K

but is the ram 2133mhz?

1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

but is the ram 2133mhz?

I was trolling.....

I found this : 

https://serverfault.com/questions/42189/what-does-p-mean-in-ddr2-5300p

So basically it seems like P means ECC so low voltage ram for SERVERS. Might be still working for your computer, not sure, normal copmuters use non-ECC usually...

Check this out

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Just now, gbergeron said:

I was trolling.....

I found this : 

https://serverfault.com/questions/42189/what-does-p-mean-in-ddr2-5300p

So basically it seems like P means ECC so low voltage ram for SERVERS. Might be still working for your computer, not sure, normal copmuters use non-ECC usually...

Check this out

i had a feeling youre trolling but as i know nothing about the subject i had to take it.. xP , thanks ill take a look

Just now, lior1111 said:

i had a feeling youre trolling but as i know nothing about the subject i had to take it.. xP , thanks ill take a look

haha :P 

It seems to be ECC , just google info on it

haha :P 

It seems to be ECC , just google info on it

oh so its ddr2?

Just now, lior1111 said:

oh so its ddr2?

I didn't say it was DDR2...

The website took a DDR2 ram as example,

But they seems to be saying the P means ECC

So I feel like it's the same for your RAM. I didn't check if your ram is DDR2 or 3 but it looks like DDR2.

You can just google DDR2 differences etc... you will see its very ez to see the differences

ACtually this looks like DDR4 ?

Is it a 16 GB stick ? Seems like it ? Should be DDR4 then.

But I think the P remain the samething as in DDR2 : basically means ECC , which basically means its low-voltage memory and should only fits servers board

5 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

oh so its ddr2?

But I think the P remain the samething as in DDR2 : basically means ECC , which basically means its low-voltage memory and should only fits servers board

Just now, lior1111 said:

no worries, BTW, this looks like DDR4  , you can just google your board model and see for ram compatibility

or create new post here and link ur mobo model and the ram model and ask people for help

1 hour ago, gbergeron said:

yo man , one more little thing , can i use this http://www.plonter.co.il/detail.tmpl?sku=KVR21N15S8-8-PC on my pc , and just like only use this one? without any more ram sticks? i never built a pc with only one ram stick and i cant really figure out of thats a single module or if i need to get another one to support it.

2 hours ago, lior1111 said:

yo man , one more little thing , can i use this http://www.plonter.co.il/detail.tmpl?sku=KVR21N15S8-8-PC on my pc , and just like only use this one? without any more ram sticks? i never built a pc with only one ram stick and i cant really figure out of thats a single module or if i need to get another one to support it.

I don't speak that site's language

• 7 months later...

Basically, if your ram has a P after the speed (in your case 2.133 GHz), means it can correct errors bit-by-bit, like ECC memory.