Should I trade the beyerdynamic T70 for ATH M70x?

applesuxD

I'm only able to sell my t70 for about 100ish USD. And a guy offered to trade the M70xs for it

I don't really want my T70 anymore cos it's overly bright and just lacks bass.

Does the M70x have better bass and less treble? I can use it as my headphones for studio monitoring and bringing around to record stuff(though that won't be very often done).

And mainly I'll use it to play my digital piano with tracks.

All be it the MrSpeakers Aeons I own already trumps either of the two, but I won't wanna keep the T70 anyways.

Thoughts?

Comfort is a thing I consider as well.

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

I wouldn't get a M70x. If you want to get something from the ATH-M line up go M40(x).

Although if you want comfort, the beyerdynamic dt770/880/990 are some of the best.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

5 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

I wouldn't get a M70x. If you want to get something from the ATH-M line up go M40(x).

Although if you want comfort, the beyerdynamic dt770/880/990 are some of the best.

edited*

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

Don't know what is best for $100 US. Although I would not touch anything other than the m40s (in the ATH-MXX lineup) with a barge pole if you want flattish frequency response. Not sure about the m70s, but the m50s definitely suffer waaay too much treble, and I don't think the m70s are much different.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

6 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

Don't know what is best for $100 US. Although I would not touch anything other than the m40s (in the ATH-MXX lineup) with a barge pole if you want flattish frequency response. Not sure about the m70s, but the m50s definitely suffer waaay too much treble, and I don't think the m70s are much different.

Ah well. i guess i'll mod the frankenstein out of the t70s LOL

22 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

There's the denon d2000 to trade for

I'm just looking for headphones to trade to use as secondary headphones.

But otherwise I'll just suck it and sell for a low price :(

I'm getting some luck with trading it with a B&W p7 or mdr a1, apparently there are still people who love treble 0_0

I haven't tried modding, If it can tame the treble, these cans still seem fine as a secondary headphone. But omg the aeons make every other headphones under 1000 USD sound like shit :/

Never go to deep in bed, and in audio love. You'll lose tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

16 hours ago, applesuxD said:

I haven't tried modding, If it can tame the treble, these cans still seem fine as a secondary headphone. But omg the aeons make every other headphones under 1000 USD sound like shit :/

Never go to deep in bed, and in audio love. You'll lose tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can add foam to tame treble. Check out the Z Reviews video on the M50x for more info.

Its sooo expensive. I'm busy trying to buy some new speakers and headphones atm. so many $$$

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:30 AM, unknownmiscreant said:

You can add foam to tame treble. Check out the Z Reviews video on the M50x for more info.

Its sooo expensive. I'm busy trying to buy some new speakers and headphones atm. so many $$$

Got a chance to trade w/ the urbanite xl wireless

Yay or nay?

Sorry, but I wouldn't have a clue. Any advice I give you now would just be leading you up the garden path. 

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s