Ryzen 5 1600 driver

Hello,

I want to ask about amd drivers because I cant seem to understand how it work for red side. I got newest drivers from amd page but it install bunch of things like gpio and bla bla bla but after installation in device manager cpu driver version is still shown as 2009 year I dont think it supposed to be like that. Can some one help me with that ?

Also got a question mby someone got Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 MOBO and know how to correctly OC memory to 3000+ my memory is Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16, but I oculdnt make it working over 2666~

Did you do a fresh install of windows for this new system, or is it a windows install from your previous computer?
I wouldn't worry too much about it saying its from 2009, mine says the same.

For the ram, make sure you've got the most up to date bios, the newer ones should allow the ram to work at higher speeds.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Did you do a fresh install of windows for this new system, or is it a windows install from your previous computer?

For the ram, make sure you've got the most up to date bios, the newer ones should allow the ram to work at higher speeds.

Just installed windows (got some issues) and yeah it was  fresh install before too and yeah bios is up to date now jsut updated it I see u got Ryzen too can u sent me a link for correct chipset driver and tell me if in your device manager it shows that cpu driver is like 2017year~

Make sure whatever kind of XMP on the Ryzen side of things is switched on(if there is such a thing).

Just now, PeteTeradactyl said:

Make sure whatever kind of XMP on the Ryzen side of things is switched on(if there is such a thing).

XMP its smth in BIOS ? and if there is few of those all of them should be ON ? Oh and I forgot to ask if OC over 2666 needs 2T setting because its 1T set by default and after I tried to change it to 2T it havent changed not sure why.

3 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

XMP its smth in BIOS ? and if there is few of those all of them should be ON ? Oh and I forgot to ask if OC over 2666 needs 2T setting because its 1T set by default and after I tried to change it to 2T it havent changed not sure why.

huh??? *brain melts*

huh??? *brain melts*

I mean Command rate is supposed to be 1T or 2T?

2 minutes ago, PeteTeradactyl said:

brain still in meltdown

huh soz, anyway forget about that then, hope someone got this MOBO and could tell me exact settings for oc so I could at least got an starting point more or less.

CPU or Ram OC?

CPU I some how got it stable on 3.7 with 1.325 (its stock cooler) It was working on 3.75 but after a week or smth it crashed I wasnt sure it was cpu lowered it to 3.7 and it was stable for months now. but Ram I couldn't got higher than 2666.

Do u have Aida64? We will need this so that then we know if it can remain stable under load

Do u have Aida64?

now no just  after fresh install will go get it but what for?

We will need this so that then we know if it can remain stable under load since it can create synthetic CPU load

oh ok I got it but I wont go over 3.7 on CPU Im fine with it on stock cooler. but I wan to oc my RAM over 3000 I got that ram for that purpose.

Ok, i was literally getting ready to tell u to put 3.95ghz on the cpu at 1.4 volts but its cool.

look under OC TWEAKER settings in advanced mode

1 minute ago, PeteTeradactyl said:

Ok, i was literally getting ready to tell u to put 3.95ghz on the cpu at 1.4 volts but its cool.

look under OC TWEAKER settings in advanced mode

but what should I look for ? for example Im not sure what "timings" I shouldp ut for my ram and in advanced mode in a new bios there like 25 options :D

1 minute ago, PeteTeradactyl said:

Look for XMP 2.0 and CAS Latency

XMP 2.0 I think I saw that is an profile for memory OC without it RAM havent been stable even on 2666 but I will try it now brb soon.

Try XMP 2.0 profile 1 and it should detect your ram at 3200

Hmmm not sure how it works on your side but here when u select that profile  it just shows another menu with all profiles for ram OC like from 2133 to 4000~ or smth but it wasnt stable over 2666 before I will try it now, first will go try cpu oc want to get it at least on 3.8