"USB" stuck in BIOS

Buhzrk

Hello, I am using a ASUS Maximus VIII Motherboard. I recently updated its bios, which made me use a USB drive with the update, however, after it rebooted, with the bios updated, the "USB" drive is still stuck in the BIOS.

Any ideas why this is happening? More details: I only removed the drive after it rebooted, not sure if this will cause anything.

Thank you in advance!

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Corsair Nepton H100i v2, ThermalTake ToughPower 750W Gold, 

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

Would be useful if you actually told exactly what the motherboard BIOS was telling you, or even better post a pic of the screen it shows you.

Have you tried plugging the drive again into the motherboard and rebooting?

Maybe if you can access another computer try remaking the USB update drive?

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

You can take the CMOS battery out for 20sec. This will hard-reset the BIOS. The USB drive listing in the BIOS should not be present after that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

27 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Would be useful if you actually told exactly what the motherboard BIOS was telling you, or even better post a pic of the screen it shows you.

Have you tried plugging the drive again into the motherboard and rebooting?

Maybe if you can access another computer try remaking the USB update drive?

Will try this later, thank you!

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

26 minutes ago, Analog said:

You can take the CMOS battery out for 20sec. This will hard-reset the BIOS. The USB drive listing in the BIOS should not be present after that. 

Will try this later, thank you!

47 minutes ago, KhronosTheFirst said:

Hello, I am using a ASUS Maximus VIII Motherboard. I recently updated its bios, which made me use a USB drive with the update, however, after it rebooted, with the bios updated, the "USB" drive is still stuck in the BIOS.

Any ideas why this is happening? More details: I only removed the drive after it rebooted, not sure if this will cause anything.

Thank you in advance!

The bios scans the hardware on boot, meaning that removing any devices after they have been found will not disappear until the next hardware scan. Rebooting without the usb will solve the "problem".