Most cost effect wifi card/adapter

Lavos5181

So I recently moved into a new apartment. I had brought my 25' Ethernet cable over along with my desktop however I had found out that it is barely too short to connect into the router. So I was wondering what is the most cost effective wifi card or adapter I could get. The router is on the other side of the wall so Im pretty sure signal strength will be good no matter what.

1 minute ago, Lavos5181 said:

So I recently moved into a new apartment. I had brought my 25' Ethernet cable over along with my desktop however I had found out that it is barely too short to connect into the router. So I was wondering what is the most cost effective wifi card or adapter I could get. The router is on the other side of the wall so Im pretty sure signal strength will be good no matter what.

Signal strength will still be worse than if you were using a cable. Buy an ethernet coupler and get another few metres of cable dude

Have you considered a powerline kit?

Can get decent ones with a single ethernet from TP-Link for like £25 ($35ish) on Amazon.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Have you considered a powerline kit?

Can get decent ones with a single ethernet from TP-Link for like £25 ($35ish) on Amazon.

what is a powerline kit? also i forgot to mention in the rooms of this place are ethernet outlet they are hooked up but no innernet is received from them.

4 minutes ago, Lavos5181 said:

what is a powerline kit? also i forgot to mention in the rooms of this place are ethernet outlet they are hooked up but no innernet is received from them.

I was hoping there'd be a tech quickie on them but i can't find it if there is.

Best way I can describe it is that it sends the internet through the electrical wires in your house, you plug one in near your router with an ethernet running into it, and then another near your computer, with an ethernet from that to your PC.

That should give you an idea of how it performs compared to a straight wired connection and wi-fi. Bare in mind it is an 8 year old video, powerline and wi-fi have gotten better since that was made :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

10 minutes ago, Lavos5181 said:

More Ethernet cable would be better, but this works for me, just needs USB 3.0. http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T9UH.html

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

I should mention that there is a ethernet jack in the room and has a wire connected to the back of it however when i plug anything in to it i get no connection.

38 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I was hoping there'd be a tech quickie on them but i can't find it if there is.

Best way I can describe it is that it sends the internet through the electrical wires in your house, you plug one in near your router with an ethernet running into it, and then another near your computer, with an ethernet from that to your PC.

That should give you an idea of how it performs compared to a straight wired connection and wi-fi. Bare in mind it is an 8 year old video, powerline and wi-fi have gotten better since that was made :P 

ok i have seen them before but didnt know they were that