help benchmarking cpu bootleneck

asus killer

So i got a rx470 strix and a g4560 early this year to get into gaming. Was really away from all this so the choices were not very well thought out (the worst is even the 1080p 60hz monitor i bought). But now i wanted to know how much the cpu brings down the gpu at 1080p. Does anyone have the rx470 strix and a better processor that can do a benchmark that i can reproduce to compare results. Or an ideia of a better way to do this :)

on the bright side i bought the rx470 and the g4560 before the price increases :P

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

The amd drivers hit the CPU harder than the nvidia ones do, when compared to a GTX 1060, you will bottleneck in some CPU heavy games.

the idea was to have a quantifiable value, maybe stupid but to help me visualize it. (i know it depends on the games)

Well I might be able to help, but I use an RX480. (I could undervolt/underclock it)

My CPU is a i7 4790K OC'd @ 4.5GHz so it is quite a bit more powerful then a Pentium G4560.
If could wait until I get home, I'd happily run some benchmarks and send you the results.
Full system spec (Just in case you'd need it) :
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.0 GHz
Cooler : Scythe Mugen Max
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU : AMD Radeon RX480 8 GB (ASUS STRIX Variant)
PSU : Corsair RM750i
CASE : Cooler Master Silencio 652S
MOBO : ASUS Maximus VII Hero
SSD's : Crucial MX200 500GB SATA x2 - Using RAID 0
HDD's : Seagate 2TB 7200RPM x2 - Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - HGST 500GB 7200RPM x2 (2.5" Laptop Formfactor)

I do have quite a bit more memory then you, I could pull 3 DIMM's though that'll equalize that.

Just hit me up if you think it'll help ;)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

43 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Well I might be able to help, but I use an RX480. (I could undervolt/underclock it)

My CPU is a i7 4790K OC'd @ 4.5GHz so it is quite a bit more powerful then a Pentium G4560.
If could wait until I get home, I'd happily run some benchmarks and send you the results.
Full system spec (Just in case you'd need it) :
CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.0 GHz
Cooler : Scythe Mugen Max
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU : AMD Radeon RX480 8 GB (ASUS STRIX Variant)
PSU : Corsair RM750i
CASE : Cooler Master Silencio 652S
MOBO : ASUS Maximus VII Hero
SSD's : Crucial MX200 500GB SATA x2 - Using RAID 0
HDD's : Seagate 2TB 7200RPM x2 - Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - HGST 500GB 7200RPM x2 (2.5" Laptop Formfactor)

I do have quite a bit more memory then you, I could pull 3 DIMM's though that'll equalize that.

Just hit me up if you think it'll help ;)

it looks like loots of work for you, but if you are willing to do so it could be fun to see the difference.