Best cooler for i7 4770k?

Talzanar

Hey there guys, I am having some issues with my current rig and I originally thought It was OS based but it would appear that for what ever reason my CPU is having a hard time breathing and remaining cool.

So time for an upgrade - I watched the LMG video of the Air VS Water cooling and was happy to see that Air still wins the good fight, however I am well aware you always need the right tool for the job so I thought I would ask you guys what would be the ideal replacement for my crappy failing cooler.

Thanks for you're time fella's! Look forward to hearing back.

i7 4770k 3.5GHZ

16GB DDR4 Kingston " Hyper Beast "

GTX1080 EVGA FTW Edition

Asus Maximus VI

4 minutes ago, Talzanar said:

Hey there guys, I am having some issues with my current rig and I originally thought It was OS based but it would appear that for what ever reason my CPU is having a hard time breathing and remaining cool.

So time for an upgrade - I watched the LMG video of the Air VS Water cooling and was happy to see that Air still wins the good fight, however I am well aware you always need the right tool for the job so I thought I would ask you guys what would be the ideal replacement for my crappy failing cooler.

i7 4770k 3.5GHZ

GTX1080 EVGA FTW Edition

Asus Maximus VI

What socket is that

What is you budget

What case do you have

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

7 minutes ago, Talzanar said:

i7 4770k 3.5GHZ

GTX1080 EVGA FTW Edition

Asus Maximus VI

Depending on you case, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a good budget option or you could go for the nh d14 or nh d15

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

4770k at 3.5Ghz, you could use something like a cryorig H7 without issue, it's only about 30 bucks and the best in that price range, but if you plan to OC or already have and simply put the stock value by accident then you'll need bigger and we'd need more info on your case to see what would fit

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

9 minutes ago, Talzanar said:

i7 4770k 3.5GHZ

GTX1080 EVGA FTW Edition

Asus Maximus VI

what is your budget, and o you have a preference for air or liquid coolers?

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

What cooler are you currently using and what are your temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What are these temp issues? Have you tried setting manual voltage?

As for coolers, if you are using stock, I understand need for something else. Are you going to OC? If not, you could just get budget cooler. If you are, I highly recommend 140mm tower. If your case has room, U14S is solid pic. I've been using it since I got 4770K.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for all the replies guys! I will be sorting through all the information here and do my best to get back to you all.

For those who have suggestions with manual voltage settings or wish to know more of the issues i'm suffering from, please feel free to contact me on Discord via Talzanar#4616, Mainly to save us all some time and once the solution is found I would post it and give credit to the users who assisted.

Stay tuned for the reply's.

" Sorry i'm a disabled father and it can take me a little while to get stuff done "

12 hours ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Depending on you case, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a good budget option or you could go for the nh d14 or nh d15

I am using the NZXT H440 case so I have decent space but the cooler I am using " Lori SCIOR-1000 100mm Scythe cooler " is massive as it is haha.

I am turning my system off to clarify my parts before I post and make a total noob of my self haha ^^

Back soon, thanks for you're patience.

12 hours ago, Thermosman said:

what is your budget, and o you have a preference for air or liquid coolers?

I would prefer Air cooling purely on the basis that it does preform better with correct case air flow however I am open to liquid too for the sake of noise reduction and in general the ability to push my old processor further before having to look at upgrading. Budget wise, I am happy to save up for something that would help me OC my cpu to get some extra juice and time out of it.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What cooler are you currently using and what are your temps?

I think I am currently using the Lori SCIOR-1000 100mm Scythe cooler but for the longest time my motherboard has consistently posted a CPU fan error even though of course the fan is working. I do not have other parts to test to see if it might actually be my motherboard so looking to replace cooler to test the field in general.

Temps wise, when I am under load, my CPU heats up pretty fast to as high as 75 to 80 degree's and that makes my 1080 burn right up to the same temperatures. I have not taken reading in a while so this information is off the top of my head. Happy to take readings or post logs of any diagnostic programs you guys may suggest?

On 6.11.2017 at 12:52 PM, Talzanar said:

Temps wise, when I am under load, my CPU heats up pretty fast to as high as 75 to 80 degree's and that makes my 1080 burn right up to the same temperatures. I have not taken reading in a while so this information is off the top of my head. Happy to take readings or post logs of any diagnostic programs you guys may suggest?

Those temps are normal load temps. Cooler isn't the best obviously, but you aren't overheating either.

You can check load temps with benchmarking or stress test software. 3dmark, Aida64 and so on. For monitoring I recommend OpenHardwareMonitor, MSI Afterburner or RealTemp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv