Chrome OS or win 10?

I'm planning on buying a laptop ($400 max) for when I'm away from my desktop, would you recommend windows or chrome OS?

Depends what you will use it for. If you just want to use chrome and edit some documents chrome os is fine, otherwise you will probably want Windows.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I wouldn't bother with a chromebook, you'd be limited limited to chrome and google applications.

Go for a decent Windows laptop. Be sure to check reviews before purchasing it. I'd avoid HP and Acer like the plague.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Try to find a Windows laptop with an SSD. Chromebooks aren't really worth it over $300.

I edit my posts a lot.

High end chrome books are never worth the money. I would say buy a nice notebook and if you don't want to put up with windows 10 (even though its pretty nice) or if you want to try to save battery life or something like that then install Ubuntu or whatever your favorite flavor of Linux is on it.

Depends what you’re doing. If it’s anything other than fucking around on the internet while you’re at bed, buy a windows laptop. 

There was a ~$300 chromebook with 1080P IPS. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:29 PM, *insert_name_here* said:

I'm planning on buying a laptop ($400 max) for when I'm away from my desktop, would you recommend windows or chrome OS?

Not sure about Windows 10, but from my experience with previous versions of Windows, it dont like lower end hardware to much. But it really comes down to what you want to be able to do on the machine. Chromebooks will not allow you to install Windows Applications, but some Chromebooks over Android App support and there is a web version of some of the MS office Apps, like Word. BUT much like their Android counterparts they are dumbed down. Some features like the references section, where it helps generate a Works Cited page and Citations is not in the web or Android version. This is a feature that is a must as a collage student. 

My next laptop will most likely be a Chromebook. Why? Low cost, great battery life. I use both Android and Chrome already. Ill be out of school by December. Thats why I have been keeping an eye out for when my laptop dies. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.