Why aren't these compatible?

GkC
Just now, geo3 said:

It literally says:

I'm aware, don't worry, but what does it mean?

It means that depending when the board was made, it may not have the correct Bios to support Vishera gen cpu's, as the board was made for bulldozer(?) series processors. 

So you'd need a bulldozer based cpu to do the Bios update, before that 6300 will work in it. 

I wouldn't bother buying FX now that Ryzen is a thing though. Much better performance/$ with Ryzen. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, geo3 said:

I'm not sure how to rephrase that more clear than it already is. What don't you understand?

How I would go about upgrading the BIOS, can't really be bothered to look for another mobo, because this is literally the only one I could find.

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It means that depending when the board was made, it may not have the correct Bios to support Vishera gen cpu's, as the board was made for bulldozer(?) series processors. 

So you'd need a bulldozer based cpu to do the Bios update, before that 6300 will work in it. 

I wouldn't bother buying FX now that Ryzen is a thing though. Much better performance/$ with Ryzen. 

Are there any DDR3 supported mobo's that use Ryzen as a CPU though?

Just now, GkC said:

No.  Ryzen is DDR4 only.

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

You would need to install an older supported CPU, flash the BIOS, then install the new CPU.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Buy cheapest CPU you can to upgrade Bios, then return.

So buying a bulldozer series CPU and resetting the BIOS, or would any CPU work?

No.  Ryzen is DDR4 only.

Figured.. :/ 

1 minute ago, GkC said:

Sadly there isn't, but DDR3 has held its value very well thanks to the memory shortage making it actually increase in price compared to say, 6 months ago. 

You could always sell the DDR3 and it'd cover the majority of the cost for new ddr4. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

Look up the HCL for that board.

Gonna sound really stupid probably, but ehrmm, what's an HCL?

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Sadly there isn't, but DDR3 has held its value very well thanks to the memory shortage making it actually increase in price compared to say, 6 months ago. 

You could always sell the DDR3 and it'd cover the majority of the cost for new ddr4. 

How much could I get for Dominator Platinum 2x4@2400MHz, like 50-60?

As others have said, you'll need to update the BIOS before the motherboard will support that CPU. I wouldn't get it though. That's a really low-end system. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

Hardware Compatibility List. Most motherboards have them.

Good thing this one doesn't lol. Guess this one is just too outdated, even PCPartpicker just says it's good with the 6300, but it's clearly not.

What cpu/mobo would you recommend, budget being like 200-250 bucks

2 minutes ago, GkC said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=cpu+mobo+combo&ignorear=0&N=4018&isNodeId=1

Something from here.  there is everything from b250 to z370 beards in there.  Do some research and pick the one you can afford that meets your needs.  All of these will work out of the box with no need to update Bios.

4 minutes ago, GkC said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/w73bm8

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=cpu+mobo+combo&ignorear=0&N=4018&isNodeId=1

Something from here.  there is everything from b250 to z370 beards in there.  Do some research and pick the one you can afford that meets your needs.  All of these will work out of the box with no need to update Bios.

Thanks for the effort, but I didn't state I was Dutch so that's my bad, but the friendly lad under here got me covered, thanks for the replies though! :D

1 minute ago, PETRGangKing said:

Thanks mate

1 minute ago, GkC said:

Thanks for the effort, but I didn't state I was Dutch so that's my bad, but the friendly lad under here got me covered, thanks for the replies though! :D

Thanks mate

No problem man. If you are building this for gaming, I think you will be very happy with the Coffee Lake i3. If you plan on overclocking, you might go with the 8350k instead of the 8100, but either way you wont find much better for that price point.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |