What is this cable?

Jeroen1322
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

floppy power connector.

Hi guys! I wonder if anyone knows what the name if this cable is. (See pictures)

It was used to power a fan controller but it melted.. But yeah.. :P 

post-14387-0-15139100-1386427311_thumb.jpost-14387-0-15568400-1386427317_thumb.jpost-14387-0-13062700-1386427326_thumb.j

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

floppy power connector.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

molex to molex + floppy

CPU: i7-4770k @stock  GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC  MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (1600 MHz, 2x8GB)

CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler  Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 2x256gb(OS/Games), 1TB Seagate Barracuda(storage)  PSU: Corsair AX860i

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70

you shouldnt use Floppy power connectors these days dude :D

get a better fan controller

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

floppy power connector.

molex to molex + floppy

Thanks guys! :) 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

you shouldnt use Floppy power connectors this time dude :D

get a better fan controller

I got this one for free from my family (They aren't techies so that's why i got this one) so i will just buy a cheap cable instead of a new fan controller because i don't have allot of money :P

Floppy power but you might want to look into why it melted before replacing it. Cause if it was during operation I can only imagine the amps going through it to do that.

Floppy power but you might want to look into why it melted before replacing it. Cause if it was during operation I can only imagine the amps going through it to do that.

If i connected it to another molex connector the screen didn't work but when i would just connect it to my PSU it melted with allot of smoke..

If i connected it to another molex connector the screen didn't work but when i would just connect it to my PSU it melted with allot of smoke..

wait what? son which cable got plugged where and why?

wait what? son which cable got plugged where and why?

I don't know the name but picture 1 was going in the PSU picture 2 was the connection between the PSU cable and the third picture was the power cable that go's in the fan controller.

post-14387-0-77230500-1386433911_thumb.jpost-14387-0-55119500-1386433920_thumb.jpost-14387-0-54246900-1386433929_thumb.j

I don't know the name but picture 1 was going in the PSU picture 2 was the connection between the PSU cable and the third picture was the power cable that go's in the fan controller.

*snip*

how many fans are hooked up to the fan controller because it looks like it was the 12v that melted which is probably what it was drawing off of. To melt it like that it would have either had to short or draw way too many amps.

how many fans are hooked up to the fan controller because it looks like it was the 12v that melted which is probably what it was drawing off of. To melt it like that it would have either had to short or draw way too many amps.

2 of my 5 fans where connecten trough the 3 pin connectors on the fan controller 

2 of my 5 fans where connecten trough the 3 pin connectors on the fan controller

you can easily get another cable but something might be wrong with the fan controller to cause something like that.

you can easily get another cable but something might be wrong with the fan controller to cause something like that.

I was planning to, but is it my fault or is this a mistake or something from the manufacturer?

I was planning to, but is it my fault or is this a mistake or something from the manufacturer?

as long as you had everything plugged in correctly I would say something is wrong with the device so the manufacturer.

as long as you had everything plugged in correctly I would say something is wrong with the device so the manufacturer.

Well i had everything connected correctly so i'll contact the store or manufacturur and explane and ask for a replacement one! :) Thanks for your help dude i appiciate it! 

Well i had everything connected correctly so i'll contact the store or manufacturur and explane and ask for a replacement one! :) Thanks for your help dude i appiciate it!

no problem and I would do the same as I wouldnt want to risk my other components.