2 monitors work separately but not together

DaroFreeman

So, I downloaded the newest Windows 10 update yesterday. Now both of my monitors work separately but the moment I plug them in together the right one (DVI) doesn't work and the left one (DP) does. I already updated my drivers so that is not the issue. I've used several DP ports on my GPU but it doesn't affect anything. I have an AOC and a Medion monitor plugged into a GTX 1070.

Can anyone please help me out? I'm hopeless.

Edit: When only having my DP monitor working but both connected this shows up: 2b4089762907364a137d454749f63033.png

But when only having the DVI monitor working but both connected that doesn't show up, it just looks like there's no screen in the settings.

do they both work if you plug one into your mobo and one into the graphics card?

3 minutes ago, TArthur99 said:

do they both work if you plug one into your mobo and one into the graphics card?

No. If I plug the DVI in the mobo nothing changes. I do hear a notification sound everytime I take my DVI out and put in the again.

When plugging the DVI in the mobo and the DP in the GPU, the DP screen still works. But in the settings it doesn't show any monitors being detected, none.

Probably a setting underneath the screenshot you took. Can you send a screenshot of your display settings?

have you reinstalled your gpu drivers yet? windows updates love to break gpu drivers.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Probably a setting underneath the screenshot you took. Can you send a screenshot of your display settings?

I just figured out what the problem was and I'm dumb as f*ck. It was set to only display on monitor 1 and not on both. Literally shaking my head IRL as I help people with their PC's every single day. I thought it was set to only display on monitor 1 because the second one just didn't work.

picard-facepalm.jpg

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

have you reinstalled your gpu drivers yet? windows updates love to break gpu drivers.

2 minutes ago, TArthur99 said:

do you have a HDMI cable you could try instead of DVI or DP?

Thanks for the help but it was just me being dumb, have a nice day :)

Just now, DaroFreeman said:

Thanks for the help but it was just me being dumb, have a nice day :)

happens to the best of us xD