Dell S2716DG On SALE

Chennaiyen

The Dell S2716DG is on sale, http://deals.dell.com/productdetail/mx4 

I recently bought the Dell U2717D for dual setup and I am not really happy with the display quality. I have it connected to a 15" mac book pro 2017 with AMD Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB. I see frame and smudged pictures while playing videos. 

Is it due to the graphics card or should I replace this monitor for S2716DG? 

I just bought the S2716DGR (not sure the difference but i assume miniscule) and I absolutely love it. i have a good pc to pair with it, but with a macbookpro im not sure this is the monitor for you. you dont really hit any of the key benefits of this monitor like 144hz gsync. on the other hand, if this is the lowest price you have seen a 2K display, then i would say go for it because in general it is a great monitor.I just assume without checking prices, that you could find a 2k 60hz with maybe a better panel like IPS for around this price or maybe cheaper. the features like gsync and 144hz alter prices a lot these days.

16 minutes ago, Mackelt said:

I just bought the S2716DGR (not sure the difference but i assume miniscule) and I absolutely love it. i have a good pc to pair with it, but with a macbookpro im not sure this is the monitor for you. you dont really hit any of the key benefits of this monitor like 144hz gsync. on the other hand, if this is the lowest price you have seen a 2K display, then i would say go for it because in general it is a great monitor.I just assume without checking prices, that you could find a 2k 60hz with maybe a better panel like IPS for around this price or maybe cheaper. the features like gsync and 144hz alter prices a lot these days.

@Mackelt, I will be building a new PC with 1080/1080ti soon. But, I want to know if the S2716DG is better than U2717D which had an IPS panel but 60Hz. Right now the current performance of the monitor is not at the fullest. 

The DGR is just the retail variant, but it has no difference from the DG, for me I would take the S2716DG, it's easily overclocked to 165hz, G- Sync, and 1440p, the only thing the U2717D has over the S27 is that's it's an IPS panel

TN has come a long way and the panel in the S27 is a VERY good TN panel, I'd even go so far as to say it's better looking than $3-400 IPS panels after calibration, it's sold out on the Dell site but it's $449 at Best buy right now

3 hours ago, Chennaiyen said:

@Mackelt, I will be building a new PC with 1080/1080ti soon. But, I want to know if the S2716DG is better than U2717D which had an IPS panel but 60Hz. Right now the current performance of the monitor is not at the fullest. 

Oh if you plan on using this with a 1080ti then buy it ASAP. This monitor is amazing if your pc can take advantage of it. (I have mine with a 1080ti and i7-7700k)

5 hours ago, lefudgelover666 said:

The DGR is just the retail variant, but it has no difference from the DG, for me I would take the S2716DG, it's easily overclocked to 165hz, G- Sync, and 1440p, the only thing the U2717D has over the S27 is that's it's an IPS panel

TN has come a long way and the panel in the S27 is a VERY good TN panel, I'd even go so far as to say it's better looking than $3-400 IPS panels after calibration, it's sold out on the Dell site but it's $449 at Best buy right now

I just got the monitor last week totally forgot about overclocking thanks for the reminder ?