Need help choosing headphones

BiggestFan

Need good headphones for music and gaming. I was thinking about Creative Sound Blaster EVO ZxR. Would it be a good choice or do you guys recommend another?

EDIT: I decided just to get headset for music. I listen to almost anything but alot of dubstep, EDM, elctro etc... so I want a headset with heavy bass. I prefer noise isolation. I also want a mic, so if you recommend one, please tell me :)

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

those would be pretty meh as in dont buy them

whats your total budget?

250-300$

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

250-300$

That's a hell of a lot of money to be spending on gaming branded headphones. For music they are not going to be up to par. Go for a pair of normal headphones and a seperate mic for when you want to game.

Headset

That's a hell of a lot of money to be spending on gaming branded headphones. For music they are not going to be up to par. Go for a pair of normal headphones and a seperate mic for when you want to game.

Ok, what headset and mic do you recommend?

250-300$

u can get some serious audiophile stuff from there.

i would say get the dt 990's with a fiio e10

mic would be a zalman clip-on mic or modmic. 

Ok, what headset and mic do you recommend?

Needmorewood is on the right lines, to make sure though:

Do you prefer noise isolation or an open backed design?

What sort of music do you listen to?

What sort of games are you playing?

Headset

Needmorewood is on the right lines, to make sure though:

Do you prefer noise isolation or an open backed design?

What sort of music do you listen to?

What sort of games are you playing?

I really prefer noise isolation.

I listen to all kinds of music, mostly dubstep, EDM, electro etc... Often rock too :) I REALLY prefer headphones with heavy bass.

I play games like Runescape, Assasin's Creed IV, Call of Duty ghosts, Battlefield 4 and so on...

So noise isolation and heavy bass are going to mean positional accuracy is not going to be amazing (for fps gaming). Positional accuracy comes from open ear with good mids. I am not up to date in your specific needs area so I can't recommend anything. By the sounds of it though, you don't need that big of a budget for what you want. Are you going to be using them on the move or mainly at home?

I would definitely get a set of headphones and a mic and NOT a gaming headset!!!

mic (http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I really prefer noise isolation.

I listen to all kinds of music, mostly dubstep, EDM, electro etc... Often rock too :) I REALLY prefer headphones with heavy bass.

I play games like Runescape, Assasin's Creed IV, Call of Duty ghosts, Battlefield 4 and so on...

You will lose a bit of positional audio with closed headphones for your FPS games.

If you really like closed though something like the Denon D600 - http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D600-Maniac-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00858I4F2/ref=sr_1_23?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1386428424&sr=1-23&keywords=headphones might be good for you with a modmic or clip on / desk mic solution as others have suggested.

Headset

I suggest getting a pair of DT 990's with a good amp.

They are open ear though so very little noise cancellation.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

So noise isolation and heavy bass are going to mean positional accuracy is not going to be amazing (for fps gaming). Positional accuracy comes from open ear with good mids. I am not up to date in your specific needs area so I can't recommend anything. By the sounds of it though, you don't need that big of a budget for what you want. Are you going to be using them on the move or mainly at home?

Ok thank you. I am mainly going to be home but also on the move :)

Ok thank you. I am mainly going to be home but also on the move :)

If you get headphones with high impedance (greater than 100 ohm) you're going to need an amp which is fine if you are at home. It can be awkward trying to have headphones => headphone amp => ipod or what ever if you are walking around. This isn't an issue, it's just something to be aware of.

The Denon D600 suggested above look pretty good in terms of your needs. Here are some user reviews that might help (http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d600).

If you get headphones with high impedance (greater than 100 ohm) you're going to need an amp which is fine if you are at home. It can be awkward trying to have headphones => headphone amp => ipod or what ever if you are walking around. This isn't an issue, it's just something to be aware of.

The Denon D600 suggested above look pretty good in terms of your needs. Here are some user reviews that might help (http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d600).

Hmm... This headset looks pretty awesome. I need to think more on it tho. The headset is heavy which is not a good thing for me. My head is not really big.

Ok thank you :)

Hmm... This headset looks pretty awesome. I need to think more on it tho. The headset is heavy which is not a good thing for me. My head is not really big.

Don't thank me. Thank OddballMV for the suggestion. :)

Head-fi is a great site for user reviews on audio stuff. Whatever you decide, check it with them first.

Enjoy the cans when you get them too ;)

heavy bass, isolation, and potential mic?

that sounds like v-moda would be the way to go.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

heavy bass, isolation, and potential mic?

that sounds like v-moda would be the way to go.

These looks good. Thank you :)