HELP! DIY 24pin to 8 pin adapter

Fine folks, i am in need of assistance.

INTRO:

1. purchased a corsair CX 750

2. already have in possession of a dell optiplex 9020, the mobo has an 8 pin

3. yes when i was buying i was aware of the needed conversion adapter however the supplier who sent us the PSU forgot to order for us the adapters, thus my current situation.

WHERE AM I NOW

i can not find anyone withing my region with the adapters, to buy online it takes 20days to deliver (dont have that time)

last resort is to try and splice one myself, i have seen the following diagram online. It got me thinking that perhaps this isnt so far fetched of a solution:

5609361.jpg.56f00757f04052318c0bf828868089aa.jpg

looking forward to your tips if this is possible. i just need guidance on how to wire the 24 end to the 8pin end.

i have the plastic connectors; i.e i will use the 24pin receiving end from an old motherboard i think i shud be able to solder off.

i will reuse a 8 pin connector from another PSU and splice things together that way to achieve something of this sortatx-24pin-female-to-for-dell-optiplex-3020-7020-9020-t1700-server-motherboard-8pin-male-adapter-power-cable-cord-30cm-18awg.jpg.5335a180a7a5ee227b919831b6e57cb8.jpg

You should replace that motherboard or buy the proprietary PSU for it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should grab a voltmeter and measure the voltage on each of the 8 pins before you start splicing, some OEMs don't stick to standards 

31 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You should replace that motherboard or buy the proprietary PSU for it.

This. Don't risk frying your board when Optiplex PSUs are as easy to get as herpes in Las Vegas. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

where can i find dell psu's online? send me in the right direction.