Laptop screen is going weird after closing lid

XplosiveNoctua99

I have a Dell inspiron gaming laptop (7567)

That just recently started to go weird after closing the lid or after sleeping...

It fixes itself after a reboot (holding the power and turning it on again)

Can anyone explain what's wrong??

Thanks

20171101_115410.jpg

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I'd guess that the ribbon, that carries the video from the base to the monitor, is messed up or is not seated correctly any longer.

5 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

I'd guess that the ribbon, that carries the video from the base to the monitor, is messed up or is not seated correctly any longer.

How would i fix that?

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

Find a tear down of your laptop, hopefully it's comprehensive, and try to re-seat the cable.  To be honest, Its generally not been the easiest thing I've done with my laptops.  The cable/ribbon goes from the mobo through the laptop hinge and up into the monitor.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

Find a tear down of your laptop, hopefully it's comprehensive, and try to re-seat the cable.  To be honest, Its generally not been the easiest thing I've done with my laptops.  The cable/ribbon goes from the mobo through the laptop hinge and up into the monitor.

RIIIP

I have exactly the same problem. And it started few hours ago.
Laptop is the same (Dell Inspirion 7567)

I don't think it has something to do with hardware - sleeping mode messes things up. I suppose, some software update broke it for us both.
Will try to figure out more.

Maybe it is Windows update and GeForce Drivers Issue.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1026749/window-10-fall-creators-update-feedback-thread/?offset=463

20171101_151947_HDR.jpg

I tried to uninstall and re-install all GeForce drivers and products - no luck.
But after disabling Intel video adapter I noticed some changes:
Sleep mode is no longer available, but after closing lid laptop boots with all previously opened windows and without any mess on the screen.

EDIT:
Solved it hard way - made laptop go hyberbate instead of sleep on closing lid.
Takes more time to wake up, but it helps. Will wait for software update.

Chiming in as another person with the exact same laptop with the exact same problem, all within a few hours of each other. Looks like something updated to cause this issue.  I will try to figure out what culpret needs to be rolled back, but I don't have time to work on it right now.

Same exact problem. Dell 7567. Can't point where it started. Something to do with recent failed NVidia update?

Made an account to chime in, I am also having this problem. I checked Windows Update however it doesn't say that it's had any recent updates. 

Also made an account to say I have the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. Glad I'm not alone here, thought I busted it brand new carrying it in my backpack!

I just made an account for this too. Exact same problem.

Literally solved this issue yesterday(and so happy i did). Tainted-Archer is correct, run the BIOS update installer from Dells website and the problem will go away.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue but my laptop doesn’t have Nvidia graphics. Should I download the gaming system bios or the bios flash utility?