Is This Possible?

CyberFern0

So I'm gonna have 8 LL120s and 1 LL140 fans in my build. I'm going to have 4 fans plugged into one rgb led fan hub from Corsair, and 3 plugged into another, I'm going to plug the hubs, the remaining 2 fans and 4 Lighting Node Pros into 1 Commander Pro. I'm gonna plug the Commander Pro into the motherboard. Do I need to plug the fans into the mobo to power them or directly into PSU. Do I have to the same for the Lighting Node Pro or do I just plug them into the mobo and it will power?

18 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

1)Do I need to plug the fans into the mobo to power them or directly into PSU.

2)Do I have to the same for the Lighting Node Pro or do I just plug them into the mobo and it will power?

1) You can do both (with a Molex adapter for fan), but generally, you should plug fans into their 3pin (or 4pin if available) header on your motherboard.

2) From the looks of it, you plug it into the motherboard as well - but I've never used it, so you're best off checking the manual.

Edit: Here's a quote from the Lighting Node Pro's page:

USB 2.0 Interface: No special interface or additional hardware is required to use the Lighting Node PRO to its full potential; plug it into an available USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

1) You can do both (with a Molex adapter for fan), but generally, you should plug fans into their 3pin (or 4pin if available) header on your motherboard.

2) From the looks of it, you plug it into the motherboard as well - but I've never used it, so you're best off checking the manual.

That's a lot of fans and a lot of moving air is good when it comes to keeping things cool.  The thing to think about is how much current will all these fans pull so hooking them up to the molex is a good idea.  Just something to keep in the back of your mind when hooking up all the extra bells and whistles.

32 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Thank you, but the mobo has only 6 fan headers and I'm gonna use 9 fans. Can I use a fan hub?

35 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Thank you, but the mobo has only 6 fan headers and I'm gonna use 9 fans. Can I use a fan hub?

A fan hub should work in nearly all cases - unless you're using a delta-brand fan. Those things kill motherboards.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, Imbellis said:

A fan hub should work in nearly all cases - unless you're using a delta-brand fan. Those things kill motherboards.

What about the Corsair Commander Pro? Can you connect the fan hubs to it and control all 9 fans?