Headsets: G433 vs Arctis 5 vs cloud 2

Jayliss

I'm buying a new headset as after two years mine has died. These are the three headsets I'm looking at that are in my price range...

- Logitech g433 

- SteelSeries Arctic 5

- HyperX Cloud 2

I am prioritising two things in the headset. Primarily comfort but also sound quality. I'm not worried about the mic quality as I don't hear it and all mic qualities are normally good now days.

G433 was disappointing. There was a lot of hype for the new XX3 series drivers, but it isn't a big step forward sound-wise and the material choice isn't very comfortable. A lot of the sound-related issues are because Logitech still insists on designing its housings for gamery aesthetics instead of tuning them to the drivers.

Would recommend you get the HyperX Cloud Core instead of the Cloud II; it's the same headphone sans some mostly useless accessories for a decently lower price. Quite comfortable unless you have much larger than average ears, and the sound is good for the price (not just compared to gaming headphones; it's one of the best in its budget among closed-backs).

I haven't yet been able to test the Steelseries Arctis and there still aren't any reviews out by sources I trust, so I can't really say anything about them.

Normally I'd recommend getting a separate microphone and headphones, but since it looks like you live in New Zealand, the HyperX Cloud is probably your best bet.

3 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Some say its a rebranded takstar pro 80 which is a good headphone but i thought kingston made this headpset with Qpad? idk

It's based on the Qpad QH-90, which is based on the Takstar Pro 80.

Don’t get the Cloud IIs. I have it and it’s not that it’s bad, but HyperX will be releasing they Cloud Alpha soon and that has much better audio drivers for the same price. Sure you lose the 7.1 Simulated Surround Sound USB plug, but I personally never used it for my needs. I mainly play CS:GO which is stereo based and has its own surround system that works better than the simulated 7.1. The only convenience is the USB input which is what I’ll be using even if I get the Cloud Alpha’s.

Now in comprison to the G433 and Arctis 5, I have no experience with the latter but the Arctis 5 looks promising. Both are lighter than the Clouds but it’s just up to you want kind of material you’ll prefer.

I’m looking into more feature comparisons as my friend is planning to get either that or the Cloud Revolvers and as for now I’ve recommend the Arctis 5 to him.

3 hours ago, sian11m said:

Don’t get the Cloud IIs. I have it and it’s not that it’s bad, but HyperX will be releasing they Cloud Alpha soon and that has much better audio drivers for the same price. Sure you lose the 7.1 Simulated Surround Sound USB plug, but I personally never used it for my needs. I mainly play CS:GO which is stereo based and has its own surround system that works better than the simulated 7.1. The only convenience is the USB input which is what I’ll be using even if I get the Cloud Alpha’s.

Now in comprison to the G433 and Arctis 5, I have no experience with the latter but the Arctis 5 looks promising. Both are lighter than the Clouds but it’s just up to you want kind of material you’ll prefer.

I’m looking into more feature comparisons as my friend is planning to get either that or the Cloud Revolvers and as for now I’ve recommend the Arctis 5 to him.

The cloud alpha is already on the market (at least in germany)

10 hours ago, sian11m said:

We don't know that the Cloud Alpha is any better. The Revolver was different but not better. And regardless, it's still going to be more expensive than the Core.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 2:20 AM, Nimrodor said:

We don't know that the Cloud Alpha is any better. The Revolver was different but not better. And regardless, it's still going to be more expensive than the Core.

Cloud Alpha's have a newer driver chamber system so it will be different for sure, better is what is hopes to achieve.