Electronic Devices ban when flying to the USA

Rosantyste

Firstly, hello community!

Now for the topic. In February I will be going on a school trip to New York. We will be leaving from Heathrow Airport (LHR) and landing at JFK. Not sure what airline thought. I would like to bring a DSLR and maybe even a notebook with me but am I allowed to? Reading on Google I found articles about a ban on electronic devices bigger than a phone and even articles where people were not allowed to enter with their devices. I must admit that I haven't done a lot of research but thought that someone here might know what to do. Thanks in advance.

Hello there!

I heard that the ban was mainly aimed at us (middle-eastern countries) but I'm not exactly sure about how accurate it was..

Did the articles specify if you're not allowed to have electronic devices on you're "carry-on" bag or did they just say you're not allowed to have large electronics on all your bags?

After having a read of there I've understood that the ban is on select countries and they will still be able to carry the devices in the checked baggage. Think I got it now. Thank you.

Just now, Rosantyste said:

After having a read of there I've understood that the ban is on select countries and they will still be able to carry the devices in the checked baggage. Think I got it now. Thank you.

Anytime, have a safe flight