What is Windows 10 volume 2 and 6? Start up problem

Eli Cottrell

I've just today bought an SSD for my PC, I previously was only using a HDD so to speed up my PC I installed my OS onto a flash drive, then used that to boot my computer and put the OS on the new SSD. But now every time I boot up my computer, I have this question pop up . Capture.PNG.388309545124ced255f1abcbd2062631.PNGVolume 6 takes me back to my original PC account with all my desktop shortcuts and backgrounds the same as before. But volume 2 takes me to a new set up where it asks for account details etc, as if i was starting a new PC. Is there anyway of by passing this question so that I can go straight to the volume 6 version of windows?

Did you format your original drive when you reinstalled Windows? Your old Windows installation may still be active on Volume 6 and Volume 2 is your SSD installation with nothing on there hence the need to setup account details. If that is not the case, see if you can select the correct volume in msconfg.

Build goes here :) :

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

Set the SSD one to default with the option at the bottom (There will probably be an option to skip it after in that menu)

I edit my posts a lot.

I've found out that my HDD version of Windows 10 is the volume 6 and the SSD free version of Windows 10 is the volume 2. So I tried going on to the new version of Windows on volume 2 but because it is not the original version of Windows, it doesn't allow me to download anything that's not from the app store (so I cant install anything onto the SDD's OS version). Does this mean I will have to transfer my original version of Windows over to my SSD? 

34 minutes ago, Eli Cottrell said:

I've found out that my HDD version of Windows 10 is the volume 6 and the SSD free version of Windows 10 is the volume 2. So I tried going on to the new version of Windows on volume 2 but because it is not the original version of Windows, it doesn't allow me to download anything that's not from the app store (so I cant install anything onto the SDD's OS version). Does this mean I will have to transfer my original version of Windows over to my SSD? 

Did you accidentally install the S version of Windows 10 onto the SSD? The S version does not allow you to use anything that is not on the App Store.

Build goes here :) :

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

• 5 years later...

I have the same issue with different volume numbers.

New build, accidentally installed on the HDD first, Installed on the M.2 and formatted the HDD. Yet it still boots up with both windows versions