Inaccurate colors....

A friend of mines got a used EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB FTW edition graphics card for his very old system. We tested it on my brothers system that has a i5-7500 and a PCIE 3.0 x16 and it worked flawlessly. His system has a i7-3770K (Yes, it is 5 generations old but doesn’t show a large sign of bottlenecking), it was paired with a GT 720, and the and the motherboard has a PCIE 2.0 x16. Yes, I know that  the 960 is a PCIE 3.0 x16 card but PCIE is designed to be capable of backwards compatibility. There wasn’t any problems with the 720 but he needed a better graphics card for the games he plays. After installing, we tested the 960 and found out that some colors were wrong. How am I able to fix this problem?

First of all, your i7 3770k is fine ;-) Even if you go up to a GTX 1070 / 1080, you can keep using it. As long, it delivers enough fps for you :)

second thing: GTX 960 2gb is a... entry level card, or very low mainstream level. It doesn't matter, if your Motherboard has PCIe x6 2.0 gen or 3.0 gen. You probably could only measure a difference of 1-2%, at best. Or even 0%. So another thing you shouldnt worry about too much ;)

What do you mean with "colors were wrong"?

What kind of Wrong?

What Monitor?

When you changed the GPU, did you uninstall the old drivers with DDU, switched out the Cards, and reinstalled the latest GTX 960 driver from nvidia?

Are there any Color settings changed in the Nvidia Driver?

Anything you changed in the Monitor OSD?

First of all, try this: Go to Nvidia Control center --> Resolution --> Dow below there are a few fields, one of them beeing dynamic range~... (idk, i have it in german). 

You can chose between Limited and Full. maybe it was set to Limited?

If that doesn't help, i would try uninstalling drivers with DDU first, a clean reboot, then download + install the latest drivers.

Also, set drivers and Monitor Settings back to factory.

1 minute ago, Darkseth said:

First of all, your i7 3770k is fine ;-) Even if you go up to a GTX 1070 / 1080, you can keep using it. As long, it delivers enough fps for you :)

second thing: GTX 960 2gb is a... entry level card, or very low mainstream level. It doesn't matter, if your Motherboard has PCIe x6 2.0 gen or 3.0 gen. You probably could only measure a difference of 1-2%, at best. Or even 0%. So another thing you shouldnt worry about too much ;)

What do you mean with "colors were wrong"?

What kind of Wrong?

What Monitor?

When you changed the GPU, did you uninstall the old drivers with DDU, switched out the Cards, and reinstalled the latest GTX 960 driver from nvidia?

Are there any Color settings changed in the Nvidia Driver?

Anything you changed in the Monitor OSD?

First of all, try this: Go to Nvidia Control center --> Resolution --> Dow below there are a few fields, one of them beeing dynamic range~... (idk, i have it in german). 

You can chose between Limited and Full. maybe it was set to Limited?

If that doesn't help, i would try uninstalling drivers with DDU first, a clean reboot, then download + install the latest drivers.

Also, set drivers and Monitor Settings back to factory.

Fist of all the pink and red was purple so I knew that I had to calibrate either th monitor or the system, but that didn’t work. I don’t know monitor my friend has but all I know is that it is by HP. I haven’t tried to reconfigure the graphics card in the NVidia Control Center, but thanks for that tip.