bios not detecting ssd

i have just built my first pc. but when i turn on my computer, something bad happens. it boots into the bios, and wont detect my ssd, at all. not at all. I've tried every sata port on the motherboard. i dont know if im doing something wrong

I have seen this sort of thing in one of the post. Will try to find it . There is something in the bios you need to activate

Just now, Zmax said:

I have seen this sort of thing in one of the post. Will try to find it . There is something in the bios you need to activate

thank you so much

Do you have an OS on your SSD? Have you set it to be the first boot option in the BIOS and what are your specs?

1 minute ago, johnukguy said:

Do you have an OS on your SSD? Have you set it to be the first boot option in the BIOS and what are your specs?

msi b350 tomahawk arctic. ryzen 7 1700 16gb ddr4-3000 corsair vengeance lpx gtx 1050 Ti. I have an os on my ssd already and am just trying to get into windows, i cant figure out whats wrong. i've set local drive/hard drive to the first priorities (even tho i have an ssd) and every time i guess it just doesnt detect it and goes into the bios/uefi again.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

he says it doesn't show up in his BIOS at least he means that 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Did you set the SSD as the first boot device. Not showing at all is different from showing but not set as first boot device. And is it a cloned OS from a different system or a completely new install of Windows 10? I'm assuming it's Windows 10 here.

1 hour ago, nfolenius said:

msi b350 tomahawk arctic. ryzen 7 1700 16gb ddr4-3000 corsair vengeance lpx gtx 1050 Ti. I have an os on my ssd already and am just trying to get into windows, i cant figure out whats wrong. i've set local drive/hard drive to the first priorities (even tho i have an ssd) and every time i guess it just doesnt detect it and goes into the bios/uefi again.

post pictures of your BIOS please.

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Also, if you have an HD installed as well, try disconnecting it and then trying to boot from the SSD. And double check the actual power cable on the SSD to make sure it's fully inserted if it's a 'standard' SSD. You should have two cables connected to the SSD in other words.

I may have the solution. But just a guest

Go to Bio

Go advance

Go Sata configuation .

On my comp I have AHCI   My os is on SSD

Look for what you have and try the different setting

4 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Also, if you have an HD installed as well, try disconnecting it and then trying to boot from the SSD. And double check the actual power cable on the SSD to make sure it's fully inserted if it's a 'standard' SSD.

2 minutes ago, Zmax said:

I may have the solution. But just a guest

Go to Bio

Go advance

Go Sata configuation .

On my comp I have AHCI   My os is on SSD

Look for what you have and try the different setting

8 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

post pictures of your BIOS please.

Does anyone have any clue of what "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks." means?

Just now, johnukguy said:

Zmax has a good point - set the system to AHCI, not IDE mode.

ill try

If that doesn't work, delete all existing partitions on the SSD, use a USB  Windows 10 installer and then allow Windows 10 to format the drive for installation, or format the drive from Windows on your existing HD for GPT and then install.

Is it SATA? or M.2?

When I was installing my M.2 I did not plug it in all the way and thats why it was not working, simple question but it needs to be asked.

Just now, johnukguy said:

If that doesn't work, delete all existing partitions on the SSD, use a USB  Windows 10 installer and then allow Windows 10 to format the drive for installation, or format the drive from Windows on your existing HD for GPT and then install.

how do i delete the partition? I clicked delete when I was in the usb install menu and nothing really happened

Just now, IO Studios said:

Is it SATA? or M.2?

When I was installing my M.2 I did not plug it in all the way and thats why it was not working, simple question butt it needs to be asked.

sata

1 minute ago, nfolenius said:

sata

make sure its got power from the psu, and also try a different sata plug on your motherboard.

Just now, IO Studios said:

make sure its got power from the psu, and also try a different sata plug on your motherboard.

k

5 minutes ago, nfolenius said:

how do i delete the partition? I clicked delete when I was in the usb install menu and nothing really happened

Try these steps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-installing-using-the-mbr-or-gpt-partition-style

Or:

https://www.partition-tool.com/resource/convert-mbr-to-gpt-during-windows-installation.html

Just now, nfolenius said:

There seem to be some confusion here.  Can you access the SSD or do you simply boot to the bios

Just now, Zmax said:

There seem to be some confusion here.  Can you access the SSD or do you simply boot to the bios

i get to the bios. but when i get into the bios, it detects my ssd, but when i try to reboot the computer (the ssd already has w10 on it) literally nothing happens and it just shoots me back to the uefi/bios

Ok you need to do a clean install.  That will remove old window 10  

Look for video on YouTube  Very easy to do. During installation you can format the drive.

I do it every 5 months or so

Do you have access to win10 install disk or key

If not you can make one from a different comp