Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrading price

HairyPotter
 Share

So recently I’ve sold my computer and Xbox to afford a good gaming computer but I have no idea about which parts I should choose any good builds? My budget is 1100 dollars (don’t include monitor,mouse,keyboard)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, flashpoint said:

$1,100 US? Also, Do you need a case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc?

No only the hardware and the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

No only the hardware and the case

Oh best answer already? Looks like you don't need help anymore then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flashpoint said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cgM7KZ

 

Hope you got a little wiggle room. If you have a case and a power supply you can add an SSD for around $10 more. Crucial MX300

That’s a really nice build but I’m mostly gonna do gaming so ryzen isint really for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

That’s a really nice build but I’m mostly gonna do gaming so ryzen isint really for me

Do you have a preference for a CPU? You can change couple of things and get a i7-6700k for $339.99 and you can probably get RAM and motherbord for around the same price. Let me know if you want me to dig around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flashpoint said:

Do you have a preference for a CPU? You can change couple of things and get a i7-6700k for $339.99 and you can probably get RAM and motherbord for around the same price. Let me know if you want me to dig around.

Well yes I’d prefer intel more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

And can it overclock

 

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

That mobo can fit in the s340 elite?

Yup, its a K model so the CPU can be overclocked, although I don't recommend it at all with a fan cooler. You can get a AIO water cooler for exactly $100 (H100i), and yes the motherboard WILL fit its a very small motherboard :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, the s340 is a full atx case which means even the smaller boards can fit into it.  As for OCing, no you need a z270 or z170(with an updated bios).

ohh right, completely forgot about the motherboard. My apologizes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What resolution and framerate will you game at?

 

Also, wrong section

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What resolution and framerate will you game at?

 

Also, wrong section

1080p  more than 65 fps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you looking for your Rig to be flashy or just capable of running Games at your required Specs? 

 

CPU was replaced with a i5-8600k cheaper than the i7-7700k and is better in performance 

See here----> http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3941vs3647

This did require the Motherboard to be changed to allow the i5-8600k. 

If you are just looking for performance I would suggest changing the case and throwing the money into a different area of your Build.

 

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($22.69 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($111.78 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.70 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($394.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1182.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-25 04:54 EDT-0400

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

1080p  more than 65 fps

This is a bit overkill for that, but should set you up in case you decide to upgrade the monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($111.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: *Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($394.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($63.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1115.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-25 04:58 EDT-0400

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that I went a slight bit over budget here but at that pricepoint I'd personally really try to squeeze that 1080 into the budget

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdpkxY

cheers

 

*edit
I did forget the case but imo that choice only depends on personal taste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Are you looking for your Rig to be flashy or just capable of running Games at your required Specs? 

 

CPU was replaced with a i5-8600k cheaper than the i7-7700k and is better in performance 

See here----> http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3941vs3647

This did require the Motherboard to be changed to allow the i5-8600k. 

If you are just looking for performance I would suggest changing the case and throwing the money into a different area of your Build.

 

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($22.69 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($111.78 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.70 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($394.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1182.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-25 04:54 EDT-0400

The 8600k is out of stock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HairyPotter said:

The 8600k is out of stock

pretty much every 8th gen part is out of stock due to the rushed launch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HeavyOne said:

pretty much every 8th gen part is out of stock due to the rushed launch

No Kidding, tbh i'm still using  a 3rd gen i3 I think and it's coping well with PUBG and all. only problem would be I need an SSD to prevent the graphic bug that PUBG has.

 

5 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

The 8600k is out of stock

And if your looking for the build now you can just use the build posted before by @flashpoint as this is just a modified build of his. Just saving some bucks here and there.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×