QUESTION: Nothing Displays on GPU

Joey F

Hello,

I've been having some weird issues with my GPU not displaying anything on my moniter. I'll try and be as descriptive as possible regarding the fact just saying "It doesn't work" is very vague. 

I should go on by saying there's been multiple times this has happened, however a simple flip of my PSU switch and powering back on used to work. Not anymore.  

I've used two different GPU's, two different HDMI chords, and a VGA cable after noticing my normal PSU switch flip stopped working. The two GPU's spin and power up when the computer is turned on, however, no display.

I've tried resetting the CMOS and taking out the CMOS battery, but that didn't work either. I also made sure no electricity was flowing through the computer when I did the procedure of clearing the CMOS.

I got a new PSU not that long ago, however I was experiencing the same issue with my last PSU that failed due to a power surge. 

I feel like I'm staring right in the face of failure, but before I make the decision of calling it dead, is there ANY other troubleshooting techniques I can use? Or is my motherboard toast? 

Thank you.

> The Alvorix Motherboard Full Specs (for those wanting the full specs) - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02560084

Did you check the simple stuff like cables connected to graphics card and not mobo, etc.

Also, always use a surge protector

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Did you check the simple stuff like cables connected to graphics card and not mobo, etc.

Also, always use a surge protector

Yeah. I unplugged the whole PSU from the Mobo and no result and I am using a surge protector.

Just now, Joey F said:

Yeah. I unplugged the whole PSU from the Mobo and no result

Does your cpu have an igpu? Try that, maybe it’s a problem with the graphics card

Also, I meant hdmi cable connected properly to Graphics card and not motherboard 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

Does your cpu have an igpu? Try that, maybe it’s a problem with the graphics card

Also, I meant hdmi cable connected properly to Graphics card and not motherboard 

An iGPU? I'm not too sure, I'll do a quick Google search and regarding the HDMI cable, I've tried it with two and same results. 

2 hours ago, Joey F said:

An iGPU? I'm not too sure, I'll do a quick Google search and regarding the HDMI cable, I've tried it with two and same results. 

Most CPU's have integrated graphics so you don't need a GPU to specifically display the desktop.

Try running one GPU in both PCIE slots and the try it with the other one if possible could be a cable issue as Shreyas stated, do mix and match with cables / slots and gpu's to determine if one GPU is causing the display to fail displaying information.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.