Streaming pc question

Hey guys and girls! I'm looking to upgrade my current pc so that I can stream and play games. With the launch of the new coffee lake processors, I was wondering if it's worth going from an i5 4690k to the i7 8700k, or would it be better to go with the i7 4790k instead? Obviously I am aware of the significant price difference, given that the 8700k requires a new mobo and new ram. 

19 minutes ago, Akimbo_Weaponry said:

Hey guys and girls! I'm looking to upgrade my current pc so that I can stream and play games. With the launch of the new coffee lake processors, I was wondering if it's worth going from an i5 4690k to the i7 8700k, or would it be better to go with the i7 4790k instead? Obviously I am aware of the significant price difference, given that the 8700k requires a new mobo and new ram. 

According to userbencmark the i7 8700k is only 26% better so I would just get the i7 or maybe devils canyon or something that works with socket 1150. Also the 8700k is really hard to find in stock. Hope I helped!

The 4790k will probably do fine if you stream using QuickSync. I think most 4th gen CPU's struggle with streaming using H264 though.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂