Dutch DPA's use of Microsoft's Data Viewer Tool reveals that no Windows 10 telemetry is anonymous

3 hours ago, TheKDub said:

I have considered it, but as far as I know, you can't really use visual studio on Linux to develop applications for Windows, and there are a bunch of smaller things revolving around application support, such as no Notepad++.

My laptop is still on Windows 10, it's the only OS that the drivers are available for. I tried setting up windows 8.1 on it, but there were a few things that I couldn't get to work either, like having the keyboard disable automatically when the screen is folded past 180 degrees (Lenovo Yoga Y710).

As for my desktop, I don't care if Microsoft drops Windows 8.1 support, I'll be using it on there until they cut the shit with Windows 10 and start treating their customers right.

As much as I'd like to switch to Linux, it's just not a viable solution for me specifically.

There is Visual Studio Code for linux(i recommend to check google for any nefarious behavior, like the automatic injection of telemetry code that was allegedly patched out since) or use a linux alternative, now onto notepad++ there are similar alternatives for linux or use wine(this is also applicable to other apps, see if there is an alternative or try wine).