What just happened?

pillsnottasty
Go to solution Solved by Catsrules,

I would unplug your monitor from power for a 30 seconds and plug it back and and wait and see if you have any issues again.

Monitors do have some brains in them that can get hung up or have errors if they receive a signal they don't understand. (Although it is rare.)  A "reboot" of the monitor usually fixes the problem.

So, I was messing around with tech demos with my new 1050ti, just wanting to see its capabilities. I downloaded the Apollo 11 tech demo from the official Nvidia website. I played around in it for a while, then i alt+tabbed out of it, and it glitched, and the screen was messed up - the image was basically a lot of misplaced vertical lines. The first thing i did, is that i restarted my pc, knowing, that sometimes issues like this may be resolved by a simple restart. But, when i restarted it, the problem was still there. Even when i was in the BIOS. Then i watched a tutorial, which told me to go in the nvidia control panel and turn off vertical sync. I did it, but nothing changed. Then i decided to restart the pc, to check if it would be solved. I have an LG widescreen monitor. When i turned the PC off, there was a box, that said:"No signal", which is normal, but, the problem was, that it also had that horrible vertical line problem. I was very scared, thinking, that i somehow broke my monitor. But, when i turned my PC back on, everything was just fine! I can't understand why it happened, and i have no ideas as what may have caused it. Does anyone know what was the problem, so other people in this situaciton would have a solution?

Thank you,

P1LL5N0TTA5TY

Try plugging a different machine into the monitor to check if its the monitors fault.

I would unplug your monitor from power for a 30 seconds and plug it back and and wait and see if you have any issues again.

Monitors do have some brains in them that can get hung up or have errors if they receive a signal they don't understand. (Although it is rare.)  A "reboot" of the monitor usually fixes the problem.