Global memory shortage

People want memory, there isn't enough, therefor there is a shortage of memory.

Part of the problem is disasters and issues with production yields. Another issue is certain companies buying up tons of memory.

To put it in perspective, I bought a set of 64GB of DDR4 RAM (8x8GB) for ~$280 about 1.5 years ago. Today it sells for $700.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Few years ago there was big fire at Hynix factory. Which was essentially one of the three biggest manufacturers. And since chips are used in some many devices, getting that factory back in production capacity is needed. It might be already up, but demand for those chips is always increasing. Smart devices, SSDs, RAM, corporation stuff etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Lurick said:

People want memory, there isn't enough, therefor there is a shortage of memory.

Part of the problem is disasters and issues with production yields. Another issue is certain companies buying up tons of memory.

To put it in perspective, I bought a set of 64GB of DDR4 RAM (8x8GB) for ~$280 about 1.5 years ago. Today it sells for $700.

Woah wtf, I knew people were saying stuff about a memory shortage but I never really bothered to look as I built my PC a year ago and my 16gb of ram is plenty for me,

Got my 16GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 for £90 back when I built my PC and from the looks of things it would cost £180 now!?!?! Had no clue this shortage was actually that bad...

Guess I got lucky buying when I did... the one thing in my PC to appreciate in value xD

My name on everything is mac300010 but I messed up making my account on here so mac30001 it is B|

9 hours ago, Ayush0477 said:

Can someone explain Global memory shortage?

is there any solution to it?

1. Major manufacturers engaged in price fixing

2. Anti-trust actions (wherever such legislation exists)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.