Surface pro vs surface pro 2

TheReven

So the surface pro (128gb) is £599 and the pro 2 (64gb) is £719 .. Does the specs of the pro 2 weigh up the lost in space and money ... I'm looking at getting this mainly for gaming and coursework as it can rub skyrim around 20-30 fps (surface pro 1)

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

So the surface pro (128gb) is £599 and the pro 2 (64gb) is £719 .. Does the specs of the pro 2 weigh up the lost in space and money ... I'm looking at getting this mainly for gaming and coursework as it can rub skyrim around 20-30 fps (surface pro 1)

Dont try playing skyrim on that. Please dont. The experience you will have will be awful.

I wouldn't play skyrim on intel hd4000/4400 grapics, But maybe it will work on the lowest settings. ( i still don't advice you to play skyrim on it) :D

I wouldn't play skyrim on intel hd4000/4400 grapics, But maybe it will work on the lowest settings. ( i still don't advice you to play skyrim on it) :D

Dont try playing skyrim on that. Please dont. The experience you will have will be awful.

I have a gaming rig I play Skyrim on but I'm out and about so much lately and my iPad is so dissapointing when it comes to gaming and 30fps is better than nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKh4ZrPtCWQ << Skyrim being played on Surface Pro 2 @ 720p

actually quite impressed not all settings on low

I am very impressed with that actually this looks like the deal breaker just going to save up for a bit more 

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

I have a gaming rig I play Skyrim on but I'm out and about so much lately and my iPad is so dissapointing when it comes to gaming and 30fps is better than nothing

Yeah thats what i meant. Like going from your full gaming rig that is pretty beast and then going and playing in on that at like 30/20 fps is going to make you feel ill :D

Yeah thats what i meant. Like going from your full gaming rig that is pretty beast and then going and playing in on that at like 30/20 fps is going to make you feel ill :D

I know haha it will be a killer I mean playing it on my friends xbox made my eyes bleed haha but its better than sitting there playing tap the frog or some other shit IOS game aha :D

I know haha it will be a killer I mean playing it on my friends xbox made my eyes bleed haha but its better than sitting there playing tap the frog or some other shit IOS game aha :D

Thats a good point

Yes. Pro 2 SS s has well so there is a significant boost in the IGPU and the battery like. The Pro 2 has a USB 3.0 interface and an SD expansion so storage is really unlimited!

Get the surface 2. If you're planning on doing any sort of semi serious gaming don't get it and get something else. The beauty of the surface pro line is then form factor and that's is its limiting factor. Serious about maybe purchasing a surface pro 2 for travelling as my ipad isn't flexible enough and I don't want to bother carrying around my 17 inch laptop.

I have a surface pro 1 because i got it for ridiculously cheap. Its a great device but the Pro 2 really does improve on the 1's limits. Haswell improved graphics as well as battery life which was major.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

• 4 weeks later...

Surface Pro 2 is superior in every way.That's all you need to know.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)