Used hardware pricing question

Rodneyg87

So im building a new ryzen system come black friday/cyber Monday weekend which will leave me with my current system ready to part out what's left that I'm not reusing and my question is of the parts listed below what do y'all think a fair asking price would be? In my head I'm thinking somewhere along the $300 range.

I5-4690k

Msi sli krait edition mobo

Hyper 212 evo 

2x4gb kit of hyper x 1866 ram

Nzxt s340 white case

I know I did not list a full pc hence the lower price mentioned since I am reusing my current evga 750w g2 psu/1tb wd black hdd/and my recently obtained gigabyte 980ti oc edition that I snagged off a buddy of mine for $200. Just trying to see the communities opinion of what roughly the value of my older parts would be.

300 USD sounds good.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

7 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

300 USD sounds good.

Thanks thats what I was thinking but you look at Craigslist and Facebook ads and pc parts are stupidly high and don't want to sit on these for to long after listing waiting to sell lol. I'm upgrading my current config and hoping to pull enough off the sale of these parts to pull off a nice 1440p monitor since my $950 budget is gonna be eat up by the ryzen 7 1700 upgrade and all its goodies. 

drop in an I7 4790K instead man, better or the same game performance and a LOT cheper then getting a new motherboard, RAM and CPU. spend the rest of the money on a GPU or whatever

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

drop in an I7 4790K instead man, better or the same game performance and a LOT cheper then getting a new motherboard, RAM and CPU. spend the rest of the money on a GPU or whatever

True but at the same time the theme I built this system with is getting old after looking at it for 2 years and unlike back when I built this system I'm not just gaming anymore. I'm in the middle of a bachelor's in computer programming and have made a jump into content creation on the side for extra cash so the new platform would actually suit me nicely. And to change the theme alone would result in needing a new mobo and ram and once you factor in the cost of that and a 4790k it's better to make the push to the newer platform.

Just now, Rodneyg87 said:

True but at the same time the theme I built this system with is getting old after looking at it for 2 years and unlike back when I built this system I'm not just gaming anymore. I'm in the middle of a bachelor's in computer programming and have made a jump into content creation on the side for extra cash so the new platform would actually suit me nicely

sure if you use some program that has more use of 16 slower therads over 8 faster ones the R7 1700 can make a bunch of sense here but premier would render faster with the I7 4790K last time i checked. i just cant say i see any value in going from 4th gen Intel to Ryzen seeing as they have the same IPC and Ryzen clocks slower

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

36 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure if you use some program that has more use of 16 slower therads over 8 faster ones the R7 1700 can make a bunch of sense here but premier would render faster with the I7 4790K last time i checked. i just cant say i see any value in going from 4th gen Intel to Ryzen seeing as they have the same IPC and Ryzen clocks slower

Thats not the spirit though. Sure, I don't really need 16gb of ram, but why not get it? I had the money to blow and it's not exactly flushed down the toilet. 

Sure, a laptop would serve me fine, but I have a tower. 

Sometime you don't need a reason other then 'But I want to'. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

57 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Thats not the spirit though. Sure, I don't really need 16gb of ram, but why not get it? I had the money to blow and it's not exactly flushed down the toilet. 

Sure, a laptop would serve me fine, but I have a tower. 

Sometime you don't need a reason other then 'But I want to'. 

yes lets have OP spend money on a CPU that will perform worse in a lot of cases while he could instead get say more RAM or a better GPU. buying Ryzen or even 7th gen Intel while you are on 4th gen Intel or newer makes no sense if you ask me because you will be blowing cash on minimal improvement. instead of that Ryzen system he could get a 1080 or a really nice screen or why not just a bathtub of icecream or something? the R5 1600 is a CPU i thought a while to upgrade too before i realized it would be a sidegrade more than an upgrade and honestly a downgrade from the at the time I5 4690K so instead of an expensive as hell Ryzen upgrade i bought an I7 4790K and saved me about €300 that were then spent on a watercooling loop among other things

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yes lets have OP spend money on a CPU that will perform worse in a lot of cases while he could instead get say more RAM or a better GPU. buying Ryzen or even 7th gen Intel while you are on 4th gen Intel or newer makes no sense if you ask me because you will be blowing cash on minimal improvement. instead of that Ryzen system he could get a 1080 or a really nice screen or why not just a bathtub of icecream or something? the R5 1600 is a CPU i thought a while to upgrade too before i realized it would be a sidegrade more than an upgrade and honestly a downgrade from the at the time I5 4690K so instead of an expensive as hell Ryzen upgrade i bought an I7 4790K and saved me about €300 that were then spent on a watercooling loop among other things

Sure, that may be the better option, but OP already seems pretty determined to go for Ryzen or whatever since he wasn't asking for advice about that. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

I look at it like this I am tired of looking at the same theme for the last 2 years and want something different without Jerry rigging my system. With its current setup its white with black accents. That I do not want so by the time I spend another $150 on a new mobo then another $80-100 on more ram and then another $340 on a 4790k and another $100-150 on a case I might as well have pushed for a newer platform. Now mind of the 950 I'm spending some is on a new 500gb ssd since I fried mine so in reality the money I am spending on the new platform is about what I would spend for 3 year old parts because I don't like buying used unless it's from someone I know like I did with my new 980ti