Review on Cable Mod Extensions

JusticeBeaver

Aesthetically I am very please 10 out of 10

Quality Control 0

I have to say I am VERY disappointed in the quality and control of this product. I guess you can say my troubleshooting could have been better, however, I did assume that an extension done by a company would have been pinned properly. I spent hours pulling my entire PC apart to do some cable management with their cable extensions. I went to power on my computer and NOTHING... Ok well I swapped cases, perhaps I didn't install my MOBO right pulled it all out and still nothing... Tested my power supply via paper clip and got fans.... mmmm what could it be... So I undid all of my cable management and took out everything from the case. I made sure that there was no screws that fell and caused a short.... List went on. Kind of my fault for not looking at the extension first, I am face palming myself for that because I know better, but upon inspecting the cable I looked closer and one of the entire cables fell out of the connector... WTF..... So I pushed it back in and then added some pressure to each one of the cables to find out that EVERY cable was not secure. 

After I pushed each cable, I conducted the paper clip test and.... FANS!!! so I connected everything back up for the quadrillian time... Also the Fractal Meshify IS NOT THE CASE YOU WANT FOR CABLE EXTENSIONS.... There is not enough room to tuck away all that extra cable. So it was not easy to deal with at all. 

Would I buy from them again... Yes, only because I feel where we are in cable moding company's they are one of the better vendors. However, I would would EVERYONE to double check their cables before taking the time to get them all pretty and installed. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@JusticeBeaver I'm sorry for the troubles, please email our support team (Support@CableMod.com) and we will get replacements sent out ASAP.

3 hours ago, CableMod said:

@JusticeBeaver I'm sorry for the troubles, please email our support team (Support@CableMod.com) and we will get replacements sent out ASAP.

Thanks,  they work fine.  After i fixed it, just annoying the amount of time that was wasted for something that should have been a simple job.  

The LEDs i got though work great,  ill be buying more this week.  

@JusticeBeaver I'm happy they're working now but if for any reason you ever run into any troubles please email our support team immediately and we will take care of everything for you. My apologies again for the trouble you experienced though.