Mod Mic 5 or a Desktop Mic?

Brama

I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 headphones for gaming. and now I deliberating what mic would be best to purchase.

Should I I get the Mod Mic 5 for $75 (Tax included) or should I go for a different set up like a desktop mic with a microphone desk stand (If so, what is a good value setup that provides a quality mic comparable to the mod mic if not better and a sturdy reliable mic desk stand for a similar price that makes the purchase better over a mod mic?)

4 minutes ago, Brama said:

I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 headphones for gaming. and now I deliberating what mic would be best to purchase.

Should I I get the Mod Mic 5 for $75 (Tax included) or should I go for a different set up like a desktop mic with a microphone desk stand (If so, what is a good value setup that provides a quality mic comparable to the mod mic if not better and a sturdy reliable mic desk stand for a similar price that makes the purchase better over a mod mic?)

desk mic

subscribe to pewdiepie

6 hours ago, IziBartek said:

Gte a blue snowball or yeti, i saw yeti's going for 70 bucks on ebay 

Yeah, I'll see if I can find anything respectable there.

7 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

I dont think u'll able to find a good quality desk mic at that price range..

If u do let me know..

Since u already bought the headphone just buy the modmic..

For the entire setup I'd be open to up to like $100-$120 Max granted it being superior to the quality and comfort of a Mod Mic. If not then again Mod Mic it shall be.

7 hours ago, IziBartek said:

Gte a blue snowball or yeti, i saw yeti's going for 70 bucks on ebay 

the yeti is really good imo, and super easy to use.  It's a mic and interface all in one small (relatively speaking) unit and no need for anything but the included USB cable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

the yeti is really good imo, and super easy to use.  It's a mic and interface all in one small (relatively speaking) unit and no need for anything but the included USB cable.

Also if you want to use with an xbox 1 it has a mic line that you can run into an adapter for the controller so it has you covered for all your pc and console gaming (ps4 can accept mic input via usb because they aren't idiots).

Quality is excellent for the price point too.