Silence 3.5" HDD's inside 5.25" bays?

Arndroid

Heya'll,

Recently I've got a Define R4, now it's pretty silent and all that, but there is always room for improvement.

So with the release of the NZXT G10, I wanted to create some room in my front intake's to be able to watercool two 290's with two (closed loop) 140mm single radiator's. (Any advice of which closed loop system has the most silent pump? The fans will be replaced with Noctua's anyways.)

So I thought it would be a good idea to put my 3.5" HDD's inside the 5.25" bays and silence them in the process. :)

I've seen a few products that do this, but I couldn't really find any info about which one is the most silent?

At the moment I have 1 2TB Barracuda (7200rpm) Seagate, I am thinking about buying another one and put it in Raid 1.

Cheers,

Arndroid

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

No mounting will be silent. You can try to use rubber feet for the HDD to silence them

If you wanted silence , you might as well go for an SSD.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No mounting will be silent. You can try to use rubber feet for the HDD to silence them

If you wanted silence , you might as well go for an SSD.

So I thought it would be a good idea to put my 3.5" HDD's inside the 5.25" bays and silence them in the process. :)

I've seen a few products that do this, but I couldn't really find any info about which one is the most silent?

I want to do the best job of silencing my HDD's, not my SSD's. ;) You know those are like really expensive for storage, right. :P

And the Define R4 does have rubber feet for the HDD tray's, and it does help, but I need to move them to the 5.25" bays anyways, so I am looking for the best option to get the best of those both worlds.

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

I want to do the best job of silencing my HDD's, not my SSD's. ;) You know those are like really expensive for storage, right. :P

And the Define R4 does have rubber feet for the HDD tray's, and it does help, but I need to move them to the 5.25" bays anyways, so I am looking for the best option to get the best of those both worlds.

Have you tried any rubber screws?

Other than that, I found an old Scythe mounting gear 

http://www.scytheus.com/product/hard-disk-stabilizer2/

Mount it then 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I have that Scythe one @Bluejay0 linked. It reduced noise from my HDD to third. There are some even more radical ones from Scythe, Sharkoon, Zalman and Nexus, but finding them can be difficult thing since SSDs and included rubber in cases have made them useless to most people.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Okay, it seems that these kind of things are like ancient these days then..

Thanks for your replies, the most common and available 3.5" to 5.25" silencer I could find is the Sharook Vibe-Fixer III:

azz-15.png

Again not much, but it seems to be the best out there from what I could find. :)