3 Monitors, 2 keyboards and 2 mice... am I crazy?

Dedshark

So i've been going through a phase where I love my 3440x1440p IPS monitor but I don't feel like it performs too great in competitive games as well as a TN with high refresh like Overwatch/Fortnite/Quake Champions etc... So currently I have the 3440x1440 as my main monitor with a 24" TN next to it for just stream (twitch) stuff when I stream or whatever on the TN panel. I've got the 240hz ASUS on the way and i'm thinking of setting it up to my right as my desk has plenty of space for a third monitor on the other side of the desk... i'd put a keyboard and mouse there so I could just pivot my chair and play the competitive shooters on that monitor.

I mean it's all about personal preference. But if you do that I would suggest using identical keyboards and mice because switching can mess you all up

Not really a question, but I have the same setup at work, but I don't play games, but rather monitor servers and whatnot.
Not crazy at all, quite useful actually

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Siedge said:

I mean it's all about personal preference. But if you do that I would suggest using identical keyboards and mice because switching can mess you all up

Really? Hmmm ok.

Just now, Dedshark said:

Really? Hmmm ok.

Well I mean you have a few issues. Mice wise if you have different dpi mice you will see a different sensitivity on both mice. And keyboard wise you may not have that issue but when I switch keyboards I find myself hitting the wrong buttons at times due to placement differences. But again those are just my preferences.

1 minute ago, Siedge said:

Well I mean you have a few issues. Mice wise if you have different dpi mice you will see a different sensitivity on both mice. And keyboard wise you may not have that issue but when I switch keyboards I find myself hitting the wrong buttons at times due to placement differences. But again those are just my preferences.

My current mouse is a deathadder elite and the old mouse I wanna use is also a deathadder but not the elite version so hopefully i'm good.

Just now, Dedshark said:

My current mouse is a deathadder elite and the old mouse I wanna use is also a deathadder but not the elite version so hopefully i'm good.

Don't those both have DPI adjustments? You should be perfectly fine with them :D. Infact let me know how it goes, I'm really interested in how this works out for you.

I don't see why it would be crazy, having monitors and not using them doesn't make sense if you have the desk space.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Siedge said:

Don't those both have DPI adjustments? You should be perfectly fine with them :D. Infact let me know how it goes, I'm really interested in how this works out for you.

I feel like i'm being stupid trying this lol but I really like the ultra wide I just think it kinda sucks on twitch shooters, I seem to notice the fps dips and refresh rate stuff too much.

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I don't see why it would be crazy, having monitors and not using them doesn't make sense if you have the desk space.

Well friends are telling me to sell the 3440x1440 but I really love the colors and everything and would love to keep it as my main monitor for doing everything but FPS games really. I just figure this would be the easiest way to do this without having to unplug and re-plug each time. I used to have my ps4 set up on this desk in the same spot I wanna put the 240hz so it should work fine.

1 minute ago, Dedshark said:

I feel like i'm being stupid trying this lol but I really like the ultra wide I just think it kinda sucks on twitch shooters, I seem to notice the fps dips and refresh rate stuff too much.

Meh, thats the point of being a PC enthusiast is all about, trying something crazy!

And speaking of crazy, here's a word from our sponsor for today's episode, Synergy. Synergy is a free to use VPN app that allows you to tunne- oops wrong one.