What is the point of 144hz?

TheWrithingVoid
Go to solution Solved by gbergeron,
4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

This is kind of what I am debating about with myself: I have been hankering to replace my real-shitty, budget Benq from like 6-7 years ago for a while now, but I don't know if I should go for better colour-gamut or higher refresh-rate. It's not like I have the money to even buy a display right now, but if/when I do, I don't know which would be the better option for me. There's no place where I could even test which one I prefer, I just have to basically guess, which doesn't make things any better.

High refresh rates : FPS and Racing games

High resolution : RTS MMORPG RPG etc..

Get both if you're rich

On 20.10.2017 at 1:12 AM, TheWrithingVoid said:

Okay, so after a little over a year of having a 144hz monitor I can officially say, that I still kinda don't get it. I have an Asus vg248, 144hz 1ms response time, running 144 hz via display port and, I still just kinda don't get it. I don't really notice a difference past 65 fps in the appearance of what I am doing, and honestly the response time is so slight in difference that I don't see a difference between it, and my girlfriends Acer monitor which is IPS.

So, what am I missing?
It seems like color, and contrast ratio, for... what? Did I jump on the hype train to sadness town, or do I just not get the point of the 144hz's? Could someone please explain what I am missing here because I have it in front of me, and it just doesn't seem worth when I could have gotten a nice IPS for the same price.

Have you set your monitor to 144hz in your Nvidia control panel? :D

On 10/20/2017 at 12:17 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Are you sure it's hooked it up right?  60 to 144 HZ should be incredibly obvious, like night and day difference...

testufo.com

All he needs really, to see the difference.