What happens to all these high-end builds?

Vantage9

I love browsing sites with all these amazing custom Gaming PCs with unique scratch cases and hardline water loops, etc.  It's clear from sites like bit-tech.net that many of these over-the-top builds are sponsored projects, while others are for personal use.  Obviously, the sponsored projects are owned by those companies, destined to make the rounds at trade shows and other marketing displays.  And of course some of these builders are keeping them as their primary machine.

HOWEVER...

Does that account for all of these amazing machines?  I guess what I'm asking, is there a secondary market where well-known custom builders are selling to individual consumers?  A basic search on Ebay doesn't seem like its common there, and its tough to fathom there being a lot of people willing to pay THOUSANDS of dollars for something that doesn't have any kind of warranties or support.  So what do you think happens to the majority of top-tier custom builds you see online?  Are more of them sponsored than I give credit for, or are there just that many people making themselves super dope-ass computers?

3 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

I love browsing sites with all these amazing custom Gaming PCs with unique scratch cases and hardline water loops, etc.  It's clear from sites like bit-tech.net that many of these over-the-top builds are sponsored projects, while others are for personal use.  Obviously, the sponsored projects are owned by those companies, destined to make the rounds at trade shows and other marketing displays.  And of course some of these builders are keeping them as their primary machine.

HOWEVER...

Does that account for all of these amazing machines?  I guess what I'm asking, is there a secondary market where well-known custom builders are selling to individual consumers?  A basic search on Ebay doesn't seem like its common there, and its tough to fathom there being a lot of people willing to pay THOUSANDS of dollars for something that doesn't have any kind of warranties or support.  So what do you think happens to the majority of top-tier custom builds you see online?  Are more of them sponsored than I give credit for, or are there just that many people making themselves super dope-ass computers?

A lot of the time they disassemble the build after showing it and then keep the parts for a future cool build (From what I know)

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz Turbo

Motherboard: Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1551 (300 Series)

RAM: 2x8GB Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080

SDD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

HDD:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cooling: Corsair H115i Pro RGB

Main Display: Dell S2417DG 1440p 144/165Hz G-Sync (2560x1440)

Secondary Displays: 2 x Dell P2312H 1080p 60Hz (1920x1080)

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Mouse: Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Headset: Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X Headset

as above and also some are built for personal use, ive heard of manufacturers buying one to have as a show piece, not sure how true it was though, id imagine something like a build using all msi parts plus a mai themed case mod being bought by msi as an example

If they don't disassemble them, I would assume they get given to one of the builders or something.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Ofc there is market. But most of known builders or modders have their own site for selling custom builds. Ever heard of BSMODS, Singularity Computers, Jayz2Cents and such? All do or have done custom builds. Some might be shown is some event before being delivered to final owner. Or just shown in few pics.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv