Cant boot, error "0C"

Itayush
Go to solution Solved by Itayush,
19 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

it just cant boot up some device or detect it, ( can also happen with defects but if it only is when oc its just not stable )

its device detection in general, mainly aimed towards the drives i said :P

maybe that chip just wont OC at all... its possible... but the error is an initialization issue with ( ANY ) device

I have OC'ed it in the past, so it's not that.
Thanks for trying to help(!), but I managed to fix the issue on my own. 

After bunch of tests with different variations (won't write them all), it seem like the "Core Performance Boost" option was the problem.
Whenever I tried to OC when it's on, it didn't boot and gave me the "0C" error. The only way I could make the system boot is by clearing the CMOS.
Without OCing and leaving it (core freq) on Auto, it worked fine even with Core Performance Boost on(default is on). But the only way I could OC successfully, was when Core Performance Boost was off.

I hope this helps anyone who got the same issue. :)

So I updated my BIOS just now to the latest, booted and tested and everything worked fine. 

Went back to the BIOS to oc the CPU and RAM, saved and restart and since then it doesn't boot.

There are lights on the mobo and the CPU fan (AMD stock), all the fans but the GPU fans are working, and I get error "0C".

The changes I made in the bios were:

CPU freq 3.8, CPU voltage1.350V

RAM freq 2933, RAM voltage 1.350

Timings: 16-17-17-17-36 (as shown on the sticks). 

That is all I did. 

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700, MSI x370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM, Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz C15, MSI 1080, EVGA 750W supernova.

BIOS verion: 7A31v19

I've waited 10-15 min and it still did not boot.

Turned off and on via power button 5 times, still did not boot.

Mobo debug table shows that code "0C" means "Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes".

Help please ! :/

IMG_20171016_112447.jpg

So I cleared the CMOS and the system booted.

Why did the error happen?

It is definitely not my first time OC. Have I done something wrong tho?

Should I try again?

EDIT:

I tried OC again and I got the same error.

All I did was changing the freq to 3.8 and volts to 1.3250.

Is this bios updated problematic? 

Why am I unable to OC? 

This is so frustrating :/

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

it refers to one of the ssd's cant initialize or hdd

Huh...?

It only happens when I try to OC..

How are the drives relevant? 

2 minutes ago, Itayush said:

Huh...?

It only happens when I try to OC..

How are the drives relevant? 

well its mainly te ssd or hdd cant initialize, do u run RAID by any chance?  if u oc and reset it it goes back to ahci mode

on the other hand it can be as simple as a phone connected and ur motherboard cant initialize it ( had this issue myself before )

anything maybe even an usb stick cant initalize and its causing the lockup

(◑‿◐)

since its only oc make sure that u dont OC ur ram

and make sure to add volt aswell , u cant oc that high without adding volts

it just cant boot up some device or detect it, ( can also happen with defects but if it only is when oc its just not stable )

(◑‿◐)

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

well its mainly te ssd or hdd cant initialize, do u run RAID by any chance?  if u oc and reset it it goes back to ahci mode

on the other hand it can be as simple as a phone connected and ur motherboard cant initialize it ( had this issue myself before )

anything maybe even an usb stick cant initalize and its causing the lockup

I am not using RAID.
Everything is connected accordingly since when I reset CMOS, it works just fine.

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

since its only oc make sure that u dont OC ur ram

and make sure to add volt aswell , u cant oc that high without adding volts

If you've read my post, you must have notice that I did mentioned adding volts while OCing, and also mentioning that it is by far not my first time OCing.
I've changed the ram freq to 2933 and it's volts without OCing the CPU, and it worked just fine.
So it seem like just OCing the CPU is making issues.

I still don't understand how the drives have anything to do with it..

Thanks for the answers btw, any help is much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Itayush said:

I am not using RAID.
Everything is connected accordingly since when I reset CMOS, it works just fine.

If you've read my post, you must have notice that I did mentioned adding volts while OCing, and also mentioning that it is by far not my first time OCing.
I've changed the ram freq to 2933 and it's volts without OCing the CPU, and it worked just fine.
So it seem like just OCing the CPU is making issues.

I still don't understand how the drives have anything to do with it..

Thanks for the answers btw, any help is much appreciated.

maybe that chip just wont OC at all... its possible... but the error is an initialization issue with ( ANY ) device

(◑‿◐)

19 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

After bunch of tests with different variations (won't write them all), it seem like the "Core Performance Boost" option was the problem.
Whenever I tried to OC when it's on, it didn't boot and gave me the "0C" error. The only way I could make the system boot is by clearing the CMOS.
Without OCing and leaving it (core freq) on Auto, it worked fine even with Core Performance Boost on(default is on). But the only way I could OC successfully, was when Core Performance Boost was off.

16 minutes ago, Itayush said:

if u oc and it still boosts the core it will oc even higher thus causing ur initialization issue :P

(◑‿◐)

• 3 years later...

I just signed up for an account to say THANK U SO MUCH AUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE THIS VERY SPECIFIC ERROR AND THIS FIXED IT

• 4 weeks later...

Just kidding. It was NOT fixed. After banging my head on the wall for several weeks and ALMOST returning my motherboard, I uninstalled some "msi SDK" from my computer and this is wierd but I unplugged my monitor for 30 seconds then plugged it back in. well uhhh its working now