Can you use an e-gpu on a razer blade (stealth)

Can I use an e-gpu with a razer blade or razer blade stealth without buying a razer core or something like that?

So I was looking for parts to build my pc, since all I have right now is a laptop with a 3630QM and a GT 630M. My budget was around 700-ish bucks and I wanted to squeeze every inch of performance out of it. I found out that I couldn't go higher than a 1060 6GB which was a bummer. I thought I could sell my laptop and buy the pc, but that wouldn't work since I need my laptop. I started looking around for laptops and a used razer blade with a 1060 at around a 1000$ was the best option I could find. But I said to my self, for the same amount of money I could build a pc with a 1080 in it. So I saw that the 2014 razer blades and all the razer blade stealth laptops don't have a gpu and I could find one for around 500-600$ US. SO now my question is, if I were to buy one of those, would I have to buy a razer core to get an external graphics card, or would I be able to do it some other way?

Thanks in advance!

A razer stealth with a 1060 is comparable to a pc with a 1050 because of thermal throttling.Just don't buy anything Razer

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

A razer stealth with a 1060 is comparable to a pc with a 1050 because of thermal throttling.Just don't buy anything Razer

It looks pretty.

In answer to your question, you would have to get a Razer Core.

However, like @Himommies said, it's not going to be worth it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

17 minutes ago, Himommies said:

And because of bottlenecking because it's a dual core CPU. 

14 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

It looks pretty.

When you're buying a part to perform a task, why is the look of the device the most important aspect to you? I'm not saying buy the ugliest thing in existence.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Just now, Gikero said:

When you're buying a part to perform a task, why is the look of the device the most important aspect to you? I'm not saying buy the ugliest thing in existence.

No, I was kidding. But the razer blade stealth can be found for about 500$ with a 6500U which is bad. I would never invest in something like a razer core since it's dumb and thunderbolt still bottlenecks your GPU. Honestly, I use a raspberry Pi that looks pretty ugly with an IR receiver, a remote and a version of Android TV OS, so, functionality is almost the priority

4 hours ago, ahmedhara said:

No, I was kidding. But the razer blade stealth can be found for about 500$ with a 6500U which is bad. I would never invest in something like a razer core since it's dumb and thunderbolt still bottlenecks your GPU. 

so what's the point of this thread?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 10/16/2017 at 12:22 AM, Sierra Fox said:

so what's the point of this thread?

No, the 6500U is dumb compared to the desktop cpu I would get if I build a desktop. The 6500U is about enough. The point of this thread is to ask if laptops like macbooks and razer blades can be hooked up to an e-gpu without a razer core

9 hours ago, ahmedhara said:

No, the 6500U is dumb compared to the desktop cpu I would get if I build a desktop. The 6500U is about enough. The point of this thread is to ask if laptops like macbooks and razer blades can be hooked up to an e-gpu without a razer core

There is nothing special about the core. The akito node is one of the more popular egpu enclosures. So if something works with the core, it should work with the node

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒