Corsair H110i GTX Pump Dead?

Go to solution Solved by Husky,

GUYS IT HAS BEEN FIXED!! :)

I literally hit it hard a couple of times and it all of a sudden started working, 24C idle and 60C load. Working reliably now.

Hi,

I just transported my PC and after turning it on the fans revved up to max speed and it started overheating. I shut it down and turned it back on again and my BIOS told me my CPU was overheating to 84C and climbing. I shut it down immediately and checked the inside of my PC. I found nothing wrong, pump was firmly on CPU, thermal paste was recently changed and all connections were re-seated and there were no leaks. I even shook my PC around to try and get rid of air bubbles as I thought they may have formed while the PC was on it’s side in the car and was carried upside-down from the garage to the house.

I tried turning it on again and it did the same thing, fans max speed and CPU very quickly climbed to 90C (in the bios, no Windows or anything) before I shut it down.

I tried to unplug and plug the pump back in while the PC was on and in the BIOS and it seemed to work for a second because the water pump speed jumped from N/A to ~200 RPM and my temp dropped from ~80C to 40C in a matter of like 5 seconds but the speed went back to N/A and the temp shot back to 80C before I shut it down. Unplugging and plugging the pump back in did make it work again after that. I was trying to power-cycle the pump to maybe get rid of any air bubbles.

The pump is powered off a SATA connector. I’ve tried many connectors. I think my pump may have died. The light on the front of the pump still comes on white though.

Help is appreciated. :) If the pump is really dead then I am going to use the opportunity to just go full-out watercooling.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

pump is probably dead.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

pump is probably dead.

:(

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation:

GUYS IT HAS BEEN FIXED!! :)

I literally hit it hard a couple of times and it all of a sudden started working, 24C idle and 60C load. Working reliably now.

Workstation:

Mobile Workstation: