Is something wrong with my copy of Diablo 3?

Delicieuxz

I bought this game a while ago on sale, thinking that despite it not being faithful to the expectations of a Diablo game, being cartoony and with bad writing and voice acting, that it could be fun to build a character in.

Well, for whatever reason, playing on the hardest difficulty available, my new character is a demi-god and can one-shot most things with a blow dart, and takes next to no damage. I've played maybe 2 - 3 hours into the game, up to some character level I don't recall, but there's no challenge to it, and it's not fun because of that. Literally, I can stand still, and let a half dozen enemy characters surround and attack me while I'm doing nothing, and it will scarcely take away any health. And if I attack them, they all die in one or two shots, and my health replenishes from doing so.

It doesn't make sense. Is this normal, or is something wrong with my character or game?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Are you sure that you have it on the hardest level which would be torment X. The game is fairly easy on the normal difficulty and you will one shot things because the game adjusts to your level. You could fight and kill Diablo at level 1 because he will be scaled to your level.

I have it on the hardest available difficulty. I think there are only 3 difficulty levels available, with the hardest being greyed out until the game has been played through once. So, I have it on the 2nd-highest difficulty, overall.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Yeah I think that is pretty normal. "Hard" is what I start at when I create a new character for the seasons.

22 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I bought this game a while ago on sale, thinking that despite it not being faithful to the expectations of a Diablo game, being cartoony and with bad writing and voice acting, that it could be fun to build a character in.

Well, for whatever reason, playing on the hardest difficulty available, my new character is a demi-god and can one-shot most things with a blow dart, and takes next to no damage. I've played maybe 2 - 3 hours into the game, up to some character level I don't recall, but there's no challenge to it, and it's not fun because of that. Literally, I can stand still, and let a half dozen enemy characters surround and attack me while I'm doing nothing, and it will scarcely take away any health. And if I attack them, they all die in one or two shots, and my health replenishes from doing so.

It doesn't make sense. Is this normal, or is something wrong with my character or game?

Highest Difficulty is Torment XIII, you need to do dmg in the hundreds of millions / billions to do it effectively.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

hardest difficulty is Torment 13. you wont be able to progress passed i believe master, until you've beaten the game.

story is stupid easy.

when you start playing on higher level rifts, then it gets hard.  pm me your battle tag and ill run with you :)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:29 PM, Tsuki said:

hardest difficulty is Torment 13. you wont be able to progress passed i believe master, until you've beaten the game.

story is stupid easy.

when you start playing on higher level rifts, then it gets hard.  pm me your battle tag and ill run with you :)

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep playing it for now, but maybe I'll be interested later. I think I'm only level 12 in the game, and it's started to get a little bit more challenging just recently. It's still easy, but if I let a half-dozen opponents surround me and hit me while I no nothing, they'll a do a bunch of damage over 10 seconds or so. I'm guessing it's starting to move beyond the tutorial phase.

18 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep playing it for now, but maybe I'll be interested later. I think I'm only level 12 in the game, and it's started to get a little bit more challenging just recently. It's still easy, but if I let a half-dozen opponents surround me and hit me while I no nothing, they'll a do a bunch of damage over 10 seconds or so. I'm guessing it's starting to move beyond the tutorial phase.

its honestly super easy until your max level

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I am surprised to hear that the game is still playable as I thought they had killed all the servers.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

10 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

I am surprised to hear that the game is still playable as I thought they had killed all the servers.

Source?

On 14-10-2017 at 12:21 PM, Delicieuxz said:

Level 12 is nothing. When u hit 70 and start to do Torment you will have a challenge :D Its like leveling in WoW, you feel overpowered till you hit max and need to get better gear/sets ect.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Source?

Just stuff I've heard over the last few years on various youtube channels and forums. I lost interest in the game a long time ago and never really followed up on this "news".

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

9 minutes ago, Hybris5112 said:

Just stuff I've heard over the last few years on various youtube channels and forums. I lost interest in the game a long time ago and never really followed up on this "news".

This how that "news" gets spread around :D Not counting their login issues at launch, with the new class there were no problems ;)