Planning a Ryzen Build

CapnCrunch92

Alright so as the topic suggests I'm trying to plan for my Ryzen build. I've been doing an awful lot of research and even made a post the other day that made me realize I wasn't anywhere near ready for building my new PC.

My original planning was to build a PC bit by bit but I'm sort of come to the realization that I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I bought a case I really like... and I even bought a power supply that was way overkill for what I'm planning on doing. My case is an NZXT s340 elite and my power supply is an EVGA 850 BQ. My original plan was to build this PC. However it was pointed out to me that I have my pricing grossly out of proportion. For instance my RAM, cooler, and even my SSD are more expensive than even my CPU. My initial thought was to use the stock cooler and upgrade the cooler, my RAM is expensive because I want 16gb with two instead of four slots. Also I know the video card is kinda "cheap" but I wanted a decent middle-of-the-road card that I didn't have to spend $400 on right away as I kind of wanted the whole instant satisfaction thing and Ryzen doesn't have any sort of integrated graphics. The m.2 ssd was going to be for my operating system and Visual Studio, CodeBlocks, and potentially some games I play rather frequently, and the hdd was for... mass storage obviously. 

So I guess a couple of my questions could be should I buy a cheaper PSU? Skip the m.2 ssd and go for a SATA ssd? Are there any suggestions on potentially buying cheaper RAM even though Ryzen is so weird with memory? Does anyone have any HELPFUL advice?

TL;DR I don't want an Intel PC, I'm still in the planning stages of my PC and have noob questions, I don't have a set budget but rather piecing my PC together.

Thanks in advance :D

Once again I don't want Intel, I'm shooting for Ryzen... including coffee lake...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Cjsd6  Much better build just by changing a few things, also chopped off about $100. Ryzen isn't weird with ram, ram speed affect core functionality, it's just how it's designed, though I wouldn't be surprised if amd changes that on future chips... 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I would really consider not buying an AIO, or RGB ram (just buy normal ram no extra cost) and definitely not an m.2 SSD, Sata ones are just as fast but a lower price, with the massive savings you could bay a Ryzen 5 1400 and a maybe a 1060, and you're right, that PSU is overkill, you should return it and buy a 500, 550, 600 W PSU.

So spend way less on fancy useless stuff (Most expensive AIO, stock cooler will do just fine, no m.2 less wattage PSU)