2 EPS connectors on ROG Crosshair Hero 6. 4 pin needed?

I just bought the CH6 motherboard to replace the Gaming K5 that I'm not happy with. However looking at pictures I did notice that there is an extra 4 pin EPS connector on the board but my PSU (RMx 750) only has one 8pin. Does this really matter? I'm aiming to get 4Ghz on my 1800x  and most boards only have the single 8 pin and since it's not really a substantial overclock then running it on the single 8 pin shouldn't cause any issues right? I might in the future upgrade to a better PSU when I upgrade my graphics card.

3 minutes ago, akb8812 said:

I just bought the CH6 motherboard to replace the Gaming K5 that I'm not happy with. However looking at pictures I did notice that there is an extra 4 pin EPS connector on the board but my PSU (RMx 750) only has one 8pin. Does this really matter? I'm aiming to get 4Ghz on my 1800x  and most boards only have the single 8 pin and since it's not really a substantial overclock then running it on the single 8 pin shouldn't cause any issues right? I might in the future upgrade to a better PSU when I upgrade my graphics card.

Unless your doing extreme overclocking with really high voltages you won't need the extra EPS connection. 

Just now, W-L said:

Unless your doing extreme overclocking with really high voltages you won't need the extra EPS connection. 

Alright, it should be all good then. 4Ghz seems fairly standard on the x chips on Ryzen so I wouldn't call that anywhere close to extreme. Also, I suspect those really high voltages would require some serious cooling, such as liquid nitrogen, cause the chip runs high enough on stock and slightly raised voltages.

24 minutes ago, akb8812 said:

such as liquid nitrogen

Yup, thats why its there.  I recently got an old EVGA P55 SLI FTW, its got 2 8 pin connectors and the only reason both are plugged in are aesthetics 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious