iOS 11 - Can’t connect to iTunes and App Store servers

KSP

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong subforum.

Hey guys,

So I own a Apple iPhone 6, and ever since I’ve updated to iOS 11, I haven’t been able to download apps. What I mean by this is, whenever I choose an app and click “Get”, a pop up comes up asking for me to sign into my Apple ID. I enter it in, and the pop up goes away. So I click “Get” again, and at the bottom of my screen it asks me to confirm the download. I do this, but then it doesn’t download or do anything. I click “Get” again, and it starts with the whole “Sign in with your Apple ID” again. 

So, I went into settings, clicked on the tab that has My Name and “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes and App Store” below it (the tab directly below the “Settings” header) and noticed that the “iTunes and App Store” tab was off. So I clicked on it and pop up saying “Sign into iTunes and App Store as “(my Apple ID)”?” came up and I clicked “Continue”. It asked me to enter in my Apple ID password and I did that. After clicked enter, a white page popped up that had a loading symbol (sorry this isn’t very descriptive) and “Connecting to iTunes and App Store”. After about a second of this, yet another pop up comes up saying “Cannot connect to servers”, with the only option to click as “Ok” (I believe). I kept trying to sign in, but for the longest time, I kept getting the error. I tried signing out of the Apple ID on my phone and signing back in multiple times, but still wouldn’t work. Finally, after about a half hour of just Signing in and getting the same error, it signed me into the iTunes and App Store Apple ID. So, I went back to the App Store and tried download a an app, but low and behold, it wouldn’t work. I’ve tried using my cellular data (T-Mobile) and Home WiFi, but have had no luck. Do any of you guys have any suggestions? Sorry if this wasn’t very descriptive, or was confusing. I’ll do my best to answer questions.

Thanks,

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

I would try completely signing out of the App store and then signing back in from scratch.

if that doesnt work, you could try a restore to see if there is something going on with the software update. I have IOS 11 and have had no issues downloading apps so I know it is not the system. 

20 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

I would try completely signing out of the App store and then signing back in from scratch.

if that doesnt work, you could try a restore to see if there is something going on with the software update. I have IOS 11 and have had no issues downloading apps so I know it is not the system. 

I’ve tried that, but it just doesn’t seem to want to work. What’ll happen when I sign out and in now is it’ll say that I’m signed in on the screen, but whenever I want to, for example enable Apple to download automatically, it forgets that I’m signed in and a pop up asks me to sign in, even though on the screen it says I’m signed in.

Edit: how do I restore?

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Just wondering, have you tried resetting network settings? Note that you'll have to put in your Wi-Fi password again. Go to General->Reset and scroll down to Reset Network Settings, or whatever. That fixed an odd bug for me the other day. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

18 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Just wondering, have you tried resetting network settings? Note that you'll have to put in your Wi-Fi password again. Go to General->Reset and scroll down to Reset Network Settings, or whatever. That fixed an odd bug for me the other day. 

Just tried it, no luck :(

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, KSP said:

Edit: how do I restore?

You will do a restore through itunes. backup your phone, then go into itunes and click restore. It will completely erase your phone and put it back to factory settings and have a freshly downloaded copy of IOS. Again make sure you back up and that you have your music / movies / etc. on that computer so you can sync them all back on.

2 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

You will do a restore through itunes. backup your phone, then go into itunes and click restore. It will completely erase your phone and put it back to factory settings and have a freshly downloaded copy of IOS. Again make sure you back up and that you have your music / movies / etc. on that computer so you can sync them all back on.

Ok. I’ll do this if all else fails lol. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler

9 hours ago, KSP said:

Ok. I’ll do this if all else fails lol. Thanks for the suggestion. 

No problem, good luck. I have enjoyed IOS 11 for the most part, so I hope that you can get it to your liking as well.

2 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

No problem, good luck. I have enjoyed IOS 11 for the most part, so I hope that you can get it to your liking as well.

Me too, iOS 11 is a nice OS. But this seems to be the only problem/bug I’ve encountered, and it’s quite annoying. I’ll probably head down to my local Apple Store and see what they can do lol. Thanks for the help.

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler