recomend ssd

Go to solution Solved by 4960X,

If your budget is around $70, then get the new crucial bx300 240GB. It performs as good as the samsung 850 evo and it seems to be cheaper too.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/crucial/bx300/1

hello guys i want upgrade my computer storage but i not sure want to choose m.2 ssd or sata3 ssd ,i also not sure where m.2slot ,i see on internet m.2ssd have m and b key i dont realy understand ,my moboAsus Z170M-PLUS, any recomend ssd 128gb , 

and can i use ssd for the os and hdd for storage?

my budget around $70

1 minute ago, nandysullivan said:

can i use ssd for the os and hdd for storage?

Yes

What's your budget? -- This affects which SSD I will recommend.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

3 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Yes

What's your budget? -- This affects which SSD I will recommend.

around $70

If you can stretch your budget another $5, you can get an NVME drive which should yield big performance benefits.

PCPP Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mqrcCJ/mydigitalssd-bpx-128gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mdnvme80-bpx-0128

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

If you can stretch your budget another $5, you can get an NVME drive which should yield big performance benefits.

PCPP Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mqrcCJ/mydigitalssd-bpx-128gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mdnvme80-bpx-0128

That drive is a great value, Those read/write speeds are better than a Samsung 950 Pro!

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

Try to get a 240GB SSD

maybe the SL308, which is a really good SSD, and cheap?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 hours ago, PETRGangKing said:

That drive is a great value, Those read/write speeds are better than a Samsung 950 Pro!

u have any recommend because in my place its overprice ,i live in taiwan