What will I need to run these studio monitors?

refinedskillz
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

They're active/powered monitors, so all you need is going to be a single 3.5mm to dual 1/4inch jacks to go from the headphone output on your PC to the L/R 1/4inch jacks on the speakers. 

I want to buy a pair or Yamaha HS5's off of eBay.

What will I need to run these with my PC?

(any other advice about studio monitors would be appreiciated)

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

It's a powered speaker, which means the amplifier is inside the speaker cabinet.

All you will need is a couple power cords (which they probably come with); a splitter; and either 3.5mm cables or 3.5mm to 6.5mm adapters.

They're active/powered monitors, so all you need is going to be a single 3.5mm to dual 1/4inch jacks to go from the headphone output on your PC to the L/R 1/4inch jacks on the speakers. 

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

3.5mm to 6.5mm

Mr.specific here. It would need to tbe 3.5mm to 6.35mm, not 6.5mm. 

You'll also require some imagination (or a subwoofer) to fill in the bass, as these are tuned to be more accurate above and forget trying to do all the bass out of a 5" monitor. Okay, that was only half a joke. Speaker design is an exercise in tradeoffs and that's one they made for the HS5. The -3 dB point is 74 Hz. That's actually fine for a lot of music and sounds, but for others it's a bit lean. Just be warned these have less bass—less than neutral—than many of the competitors. The sound is otherwise clear and solid for the usual price, much less if you got them for less.