How to disable nvidia audio drivers permanently

The Elder Smurf

Every time I boot my pc, It reactivates my monitors built in speakers, so its annoying to have to re-disable it every time. Is there a way to remove the audio drivers? I tried uninstalling them but it was an all or nothing (uninstall all the drivers). I have a 1080 and I have a more recent driver (from some time this summer, dont have geforce experience so idk which specifically)

I'd too love to know this, Windows 10 seems to choose audio at boot as a lucky dip. Sometimes it's built in display, sometimes it's my USB headset, and rarely it's the speakers I have actually set as default.

You shouldn't have to disable them to begin with. You should just pick something else as your default audio device. 

To answer your question: 

You could uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them without the audio drivers. 

You just need to do a custom install and uncheck the audio drivers and perform a clean install:

Untitled.png.a546a13c2003b617632ad0d0caf70d7b.png

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Audio playback and right click on the nvidia drives and select disable works to!

Wow. For my AMD, all I have to do is use the volume icon in the task bar. My speakers are default, but as soon as I turn on my Corsair headphones, it auto switched to those. Never had any issues with random stuff like this.

go to playback devices, and set your preferred device as default.

She/Her

If you don't care about the monitor's speakers go to Win 10 setting /  Apps and Features and uninstall the nvidia hd audio driver. The next time you install an nvidia driver make sure to uncheck the audio driver like Volbet mentioned.

Unbenannt.PNG.1cd05ce1ca0fa7957c34e4b2c5627f70.PNG

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 8:42 AM, Volbet said:

You shouldn't have to disable them to begin with. You should just pick something else as your default audio device. 

To answer your question: 

You could uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them without the audio drivers. 

You just need to do a custom install and uncheck the audio drivers and perform a clean install:

Untitled.png.a546a13c2003b617632ad0d0caf70d7b.png

Windows 10 likes to re-enable my monitor speakers and set them to default all the time, Also did a safe mode nvidia driver uninstall with ddu and did a clean install afterwards and its still happening

On 10/2/2017 at 8:54 AM, Ryujin2003 said:

Wow. For my AMD, all I have to do is use the volume icon in the task bar. My speakers are default, but as soon as I turn on my Corsair headphones, it auto switched to those. Never had any issues with random stuff like this.

I had a r9 380 until recently, got a 1080 second hand recently for a great price. When AMD releases navi I will be going back for sure, this thing has been nothing but a headache.

Get a wega 56 and delete nvidia 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016