huawei p9 lite storage full for no reason

Tiwaz

So I just moved my images and whatsapp files over from my phones memory to its SD card via explorer on windows connected to make free some internal memory space for an update, but turns out it only gave me around 340MB out of 10,1GB. So i selected all folders on the explored and went to properties to check if it adds up and ALL folders together only need 2,43GB, which means there is ~7GB of something i dont know and have no access to. Also i want to mention that when i connected tzhe phone to my pc it showed 0Bytes available out of 10,1GB internal storage, which is odd. Do you guys know anything i can do besides resetting the phone to factory?

enable developer mode and check debug mode to see what files are taking the space

this is usually done by going to the android build version and tapping it a few times, but this varies from phone to phone, i got a p8 and for me its holding a few seconds on the android build to enable developer mode

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

enable developer mode and check debug mode to see what files are taking the space

this is usually done by going to the android build version and tapping it a few times, but this varies from phone to phone, i got a p8 and for me its holding a few seconds on the android build

got into dev mode but i dont know what i have to click next

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

got into dev mode but i dont know what i have to click next

debug it from ur pc, aka connect it on in debug mode so u can see ALL the files including the android files ect ( dont mess with those btw ) , just check what is taking the space, if its like some corrupted file or the actual android system using it ect

(◑‿◐)

in developer mode u can tweak alot of settings at settings ,

u need to enable debug mode in usb mode or somthing like it ( forgot name for it ) then plug it to the pc and it will show ALL files on the phone ( including the ones u should never touch )

(◑‿◐)

Same here, got a micro sd card to hopefully clear up some storage but the phone just doesn't accept it lol. Storage is still bad...

6 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Same here, got a micro sd card to hopefully clear up some storage but the phone just doesn't accept it lol. Storage is still bad...

my p8 actually got no issues o,o dunno bout the p9 lite

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

my p8 actually got no issues o,o dunno bout the p9 lite

I think the P9 Lite and it's OS (Maybe) handles expandable storage devices differently. I'm connecting it to my pc to find out what's going on. Will post here if i find a solution. 

31 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

debug it from ur pc, aka connect it on in debug mode so u can see ALL the files including the android files ect ( dont mess with those btw ) , just check what is taking the space, if its like some corrupted file or the actual android system using it ect

connected the phone and enabled usb debugging and it also shows that when its connected to my pc but all files are still showing as 2,43GB

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

connected the phone and enabled usb debugging and it also shows that when its connected to my pc but all files are still showing as 2,43GB

so the 7gb is still beeing used for no reason? perhaps the system is using it as cache or allocated it to future updates ect :S

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

so the 7gb is still beeing used for no reason? perhaps the system is using it as cache or allocated it to future updates ect :S

well i dont know that to do now...

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

well i dont know that to do now...

if its allocated by the system i dont think u can do much :S , best bet in that case would be adding like a microsd or somthing

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

if its allocated by the system i dont think u can do much :S , best bet in that case would be adding like a microsd or somthing

i have a 32GB Sd card but there are no othjer files i could move there so i have 7gb of nothing occuopying my spcae

• 7 months later...

Sorry guys but you are not helping. The P9 lite has the automatic file preservation function enabled which prevents any files to be permanently deleted for 30 days giving you a rare chance to recover the deleted files. This function is a real pain in the ars and that is the reason this is my last Huawei's phone. There is no way to overcome the problem but to factory reset the machine and start over, be prepared for constant resetting or just stop taking pictures LOL.