How hot may a H100i get?

We all know that a CPU thermal throttles at around 100 degrees celcius and it could damage itself above 125 degrees, that's why it would turn off your system at such critical temps.

But what is 'too hot' for an aoi liquid cooler?

I have a H100v2 which keeps my i5 6600k at 25-30 degrees while idle, and around 50-55 degrees while gaming.

The AIO itself settles at 44 degrees celcius, this is mainly due to my gpu (1080TI), before my GPU upgrade it settled at 40 degrees.

My 1080TI is very quiet, but now my H100i fans are ramping up (spinning at 2000RPM at 44 degrees liquid temp). They DO make a lot of noise.

I want to ajust my fan curve so they spin up more gradually and max out at higher temps. What should be my target?

What is the maximum temperature of the H100iV2 itself? When could it potentially damage the pump? The fittings? Something?

Can't really find anything for this on the internet...

Assuming Your ambient temps aren't in the negatives then that's perfectly acceptable 

My life

9 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Assuming Your ambient temps aren't in the negatives then that's perfectly acceptable 

Good to know, but at what point would you say it isn't acceptable anymore. What if I let my h100i get to 60 degrees? 70?

8 minutes ago, Incognito Clown said:

I want to ajust my fan curve so they spin up more gradually and max out at higher temps. What should be my target?

Depends on what temp you want your cpu to be at. I have my H115 fans at quiet mode in Corsair link (basically a gradual increase all the way until 40 degrees and then remain at 60%). The temps go up to around 40-50ish when under load and the noise are somewhat reasonable.

13 minutes ago, Incognito Clown said:

What is the maximum temperature of the H100iV2 itself? When could it potentially damage the pump? The fittings? Something?

I don't think the temperature would high enough to damage the pump.. I mean, they're designed to cool a 100-degree CPU and anything beyond that point would just cause the system to shut down.

Just now, Incognito Clown said:

Good to know, but at what point would you say it isn't acceptable anymore. What if I let my h100i get to 60 degrees? 70?

Yeah that's fine.