Recommend An Interesting Project

Hi, guys! I have an old smartphone lying around in my house eating dust. It is gionee P2 with 512mb ram, 1.3ghz dual core processor, android 4. I want to do a cool project with it. Please suggest some interesting things. Thanks in advance! 

@Harmohit What exactly do you have in mind? I don't think there's much to do with an old phone.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I don't have something particular in mind. I just want to do an interesting project. My old smartphone is like 'material required' for it. 

I believe the components are too small for anything. 

All i I can reasonably recommend is the camera, speaker, microphone, and screen can maybe be repurposed. 

Otherwise it may be a smartphone that you can write apps for if not the above recommendations. 

On 4.10.2017 at 6:02 AM, fpo said:

I believe the components are too small for anything. 

All i I can reasonably recommend is the camera, speaker, microphone, and screen can maybe be repurposed. 

Otherwise it may be a smartphone that you can write apps for if not the above recommendations. 

even reusing the screen will not work unless he manages to get some kind of interface board that can "talk" to it.

i agree that phones are not really a good base for a project, everything is to tighly integrated to be reused for something else.

I have an idea. Can I turn it into something like amazon echo or google home with some free and open source software??

Use it as a Bluetooth display / controller for an arduino project?

Turn the screen into the world's smallest LCD monitor for your PC.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.